Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2016, 12:40 PM   #4421 
lilnaugrim
TFK Moderator

Do you have any recent pictures? babies change fast and so what they looked like a couple weeks ago can change vastly from what they are now.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #4422 
BubbleBetty

Okay, this is the only picture that came out, he is having a fiesty morning! doing zoomies all over his tank. I can try to take more...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	719418  
BubbleBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:07 PM   #4423 
lilnaugrim
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBetty View Post
Okay, this is the only picture that came out, he is having a fiesty morning! doing zoomies all over his tank. I can try to take more...
I'm about 97% sure that is female. Still need an actual profile though to say more, need to see behind her stomach to find ovaries.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:37 PM   #4424 
IncessantRain91

update :]

Edward (left) and Frederick (right)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	21316babies.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	720058  
IncessantRain91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #4425 
rocketshipwalker

lilnaugrim,
It's been a few days, but I've gotten some more pictures of my baby. She is so hard to photograph. Between her light colors and her never staying still...
I did finally name her, even though I don't know if she's 100% a female fish. Haha
I've been calling her Bonnie.

rocketshipwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:16 AM   #4426 
amarie551

Tank advice needed

I got an adorable female baby betta from petco in August and named her Penelope. She has been living in a 2 gallon tank identical to the one I keep my adult betta Jenifer in and while the adult has been growing, the baby has not. I recently started a 5 gallon tank with 3 black skirt tetras and 1 African Dwarf frog. Two of the tetras died and I got a new frog and was content. However, I recently read that tetras and ADF's are fine if put with calmer female bettas. I know that Jennifer is not a good match because she has jumped out of her own tank and into other fish's before if they were too close, but Penelope is so small and laid back. I was thinking about adding her to my 5 gallon tank and would like some advice first. Penelope is about an inch long so the tank would not violate the general gallon of water per inch of fish rule. I also have lots of plants for them to hide in/lay on. I have a filter as well. None of the creatures in there currently seem to be aggressive and I am going on break from college in a week, so if I combine I will do it then when I can watch them more closely. I just don't want any of my little buddies getting hurt. Thank you
amarie551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #4427 
Sadist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarie551 View Post
I got an adorable female baby betta from petco in August and named her Penelope. She has been living in a 2 gallon tank identical to the one I keep my adult betta Jenifer in and while the adult has been growing, the baby has not. I recently started a 5 gallon tank with 3 black skirt tetras and 1 African Dwarf frog. Two of the tetras died and I got a new frog and was content. However, I recently read that tetras and ADF's are fine if put with calmer female bettas. I know that Jennifer is not a good match because she has jumped out of her own tank and into other fish's before if they were too close, but Penelope is so small and laid back. I was thinking about adding her to my 5 gallon tank and would like some advice first. Penelope is about an inch long so the tank would not violate the general gallon of water per inch of fish rule. I also have lots of plants for them to hide in/lay on. I have a filter as well. None of the creatures in there currently seem to be aggressive and I am going on break from college in a week, so if I combine I will do it then when I can watch them more closely. I just don't want any of my little buddies getting hurt. Thank you
Is she quick enough to get away from the frog if it mistakes her for food? Frogs will eat anything they can fit into their mouth if it doesn't get away quickly.

That said, I've read that frogs and bettas make excellent companions. You'll have to watch her personality with the tank mates to make sure she doesn't become aggressive. My most shy, laid back bettas turned into blood-thirsty killing machines when put with tank mates.
Sadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #4428 
BeautifulBettaFishies

^ Sadist, your talking about your little terrorsome girl Sky right? Hehe.

Personally, I wouldn't keep anything with a baby betta. Stress isn't good for them and you want there so fragile. But that's my opinion. I'm sure you know what's best for her. :)
BeautifulBettaFishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:08 PM   #4429 
Anemonee

Was lurking through this thread last night after adopting this little cutie from Petco. He was the most lively out of the few they had (all labeled baby boys) and I'm curious as to if he's really a boy and what kind of tail type he might be! He appears to be flaring at everything and he keeps trying to bite at his plant and the spots on the teacup in the tank.
I named him Wade (having just come from seeing the Deadpool movie) and right now he's in a 1.5 gallon on my desk. He'll have a heater by tomorrow night (arriving tomorrow from amazon) and he's been eagerly eating Hikari micropellets. He's got a plant and a marimo in with him. I took out my tetra 3i whisper filter as I was worried it might be too much for him and am working on building my own little sponge air pump filter which will also be in there by tomorrow night.
I've never had a baby before so I'm trying to do everything I can that I've been seeing here to keep him happy and healthy!

Anemonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:29 PM   #4430 
kimmiekazi

New baby I picked up a couple days ago. Labelled as baby boy, but what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	received_968053939953490.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	720842  
kimmiekazi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, baby betta care, baby betta photos, cuteness overload, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta