Betta Fish Forum banner

HELP! leaking cracked aquarium tank

601 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ILLBETHEJUDGE 
#1 · (Edited)
the tank is unused and i want to repair it.

It is a 5 gallon seamless acrylic fish tank with a crack in between corners.

What are the cheapest ways/steps to reseal this ugly crack?

See less See more
#2 ·
Best wya is aquarium sealant, which will just remain ugly but possible reusable. Since it is a smaller tank, there is less likely a crack like that can cause a big problem as say... same kind of crack in a 10 x.x (water pressure) I have had the same tank xD

#6 ·
There is some especial kind of glue for acrylic, we use it at my shop to glud plexiglass together and i assure you that thing will never come apart once you use it. I forgot the name but i can find out for you if you want. Is really inexpensive around $7 and is waterproof. You can find it at home depot.

#8 ·
Weld-on #3 everything has to be really clean and good thing about it is that it dries clear.
Disclaimer: while i have used this product many times and i Swear by it. I won't be held responsible if it doesn't work for you or any type of damage caused by not reading, understanding and following directions. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.