Betta Fish Forum banner

got a betta as a gift, have a ?

973 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone my name is Shylynn, I have had betta's before when i was a kid and usually had them in those small bubble bowls. For my b-day last week my boss got me one of those bettas in the vase with the plant for my desk. Ilove having my betta at work but have been doing research cause he looks so unhappy in that vase. I plan on getting a 5 gallon tank for him with a filter and heater, my question i manage a preformace autobody shop so there are smells in the air from various chemicals will the smell affect my betta? Also the power in my building is shut off at night so the filter and heater wont be on over night just from 7am to 9pm when the power is on, will my betta be okie? I love having him in my office but if i have to i will bring him home so he is happier.

Also i have seen mentioned on here auqabid...i have been looking at some of the pics of your bettas and they are so beautiful i would love to get a fancier one, is auqabid a good place to purchase bettas? i went to my local pet store but 99% of the bettas are blue and red, i love to have a black and copper/orange one.

thanks for all your help in advance =)

#2 ·
Aquabid is great. I just got my newest boy merlin from aquabid, he looks exactly like he did in the picture, and everything went very well.
As for the filter and heater question I'm not sure because I don't use either. I clean the tank enough, and my room stays warm enough.
But aquabid is a good choice.

#3 ·
Heaters are important if the tank cannot sustain a steady temp of 78-80 degrees F. As far as a filter, they aren't necessary, just another way to keep your tank extra clean.
I think the only thing you'd need to worry about is if the temp dropped too low overnight.

Aquabid is great to find wonderful colored Bettas. Be warned though, you will be spend quite a bit more then what you'd pay at a pet store. :)

#5 ·
Once again, off subject :p

#6 ·
thanks for the info guys i am gonna go ahead and pick up a tank tomorrow with a heater and filter, im also gonna get a themoner so i can watch the temp. if it drops to much over night i will bring him home from the office. I started looking on aquabid and there were some beatiful bettas, i can see how you guys get addicted to them.

yes IonBaller07 that my 350Z

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.