Betta Fish Forum banner

Cory Cat Fish Questions

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Bombalurina 
#1 ·
Atm I have three peppered cories in my 30 gallon. Two females and a male. I am currently feeding them Omega shrimp pellets. I was wondering: 1. Can cories be tankmates to two Angelfish? 2. (If yes to question one How many cories could I house in my 30 gallon. 3. (If No to question one) I will be moving them into my 10 gallon sorority of 5 female betta. How many more cories could I house in this 10 gallon?

#2 ·
I've heard of a lot of keepers keeping cories with their angels without issue.
6 cories would be the max I would add.
I highly recommend you do not move them into your 10 gallon. 3 cories and 5 betta females is very overstocked.

#3 ·
yay I'm glad I can keep them in the 30 gallon for multiple reasons. With the 10 gallon sorority I have a lot of ground covered up by caves and plants and in the 30 gallon they have plenty of room to roam. I will have a handful of angelfish in there at first (when I get them) to find a mated pair but I will be weeding angel fish out asap when I find a mated pair (hopefully)

#4 ·
Just make sure the cories have some places to hide in there. I know a lot of breeders like to keep their angelfish tanks bare bottom, and you can, but you need atleast some caves and what not for them to get away, they don't like to be out in the open all the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.