Betta Fish Forum banner

OMG OMG PLEASE HELP! CASPER IS IN SERIOUS CONDITION!

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Peachgirl 
#1 ·
I think Casper has fin rot!!!!!! Half of his back fin is gone!!!! It looks like it is deteriating!! I need some help. I have no clue on earth what to do!!!! Please i need help and fast. He is not losing his colours but he doesn't swim a much as he normally does! Oh no! Please Please Please help!!!! I think he is in serious condition. I am going to the pet store today to get some things. I need to know which remedy to get and how to work it!!!! Please i think i might be running out of time. I am panicing!

#7 ·
I used bettafix when my betta had fin rot.

He became a lot more active, but I never saw any improvement in his fraying fins.

I'm not sure if it really works :?

I've heard that Hikari Betta Revive is supposed to work very well

#8 ·
I would go with the bettafix or melafix.

It will get rid of the fin rot... But some people doesn't realize it takes a long time for the fins to heal. The meds don't make your fish regenerate their fins, but cures the fin rot the the fins can actually grow back.

I've never used bettafix but melafix works great.

You could also try API liquid fungus cure. It works and its not to strong, its used for preventing fungus on eggs. So it will not harm your fish, but!!! It causes your tank water to go this funky green colour, so take out any decorations that it might stain. And putting active carbon in your filter will remove the green colour once the treatment is finished.

#10 ·
so what should i exactly get? Like should i get like melafix, bettafix, or anything else?Can someone walk me through the steps because i am not the best about following directions because htey normally don't give you very good directions! Thank you. I have sorta calmed down again...

#11 ·
If it were me, I would get both Bettafix *and* Pimafix and follow the instructions for both medications on the bottles.

Melafix and Bettafix are the same exact product, but Bettafix is a weaker concentration because the fish are more sensitive to it. You could try getting Melafix and diluting it yourself, though.

#14 ·
well guess what i ended up with this crappy simply betta stuff my mom insisted that we talk to the pet store lady and we ended up with this useless crap. I was going to get Pimafix and Melafix but no apperently betta fish die from it being to strong. I am so fet up now!!! But my mom got my a snail to put with my betta fish and the snail is pretty cool.

#15 ·
I have not had any luck with melafix, but I know some people have. Fungus Clear by Jungle Labs has worked every time for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.