Betta Fish Forum banner

meds not working?!

713 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Romad 
#1 ·
so i just got my meds yesterday and it is bettafix and im using it to treat fin rot.
i moved my fish from a 2 gall tank and put him in a 1/2 gal tank.
but now,HIS FINS ARE COMING OFF LIKE CRAZY.
the med isnt working like i thought it would.....should i go out and buy different meds?when i looked at reviews some were good and some were bad,so i dont know.
it says add to water for 7 day then change water....today is the second day and i already added it...if you need a pic here it is....
btw he is not a crowntail.
its only been 8 months ever since i got him and i dont want him to die....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
betta fix has always worked for me... make sure there are no sharp egdes on the decorations too... how many drops are you putting in?

#4 ·
What has worked for me is 100% daily water changes and I would see improvement within 3-4 days

But if no improvement after 4 days-I add aquarium salt 1tsp/gal along with 100% daily water changes for 10 days.

I pre-mix my salt 1tsp and 1g of water in a clean 1g jug (milk jug) to make daily dosage and water changes easier.

IAL (Indian almond leaf) or oak leaf steep in the pre-mixed salt water jug is also good to use.... with or without salt.

I also like to keep my water temp in the 76F area and feed a high protein diet of small frequent feeding while treating to inhibit bacterial growth (temp) and promote healing (protein)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.