Betta Fish Forum banner

Fishes

4K views 86 replies 17 participants last post by  madmonahan 
#1 ·
Little Leaf and I had a talk and her fishies were like in the Hunger Games. Every fish for themselves They are nipping each other, Rose is scared, has a black scale, every fish is nipping. I appreciate your help and I have asked Little Leaf to fill out info.

Housing
What size is your tank? 5g
What temperature is your tank? 79F
Does your tank have a filter? yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? nah
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? 10 other fish...(thanks alot, dad >: (ugh)

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2 times a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 3 or 4 times weekly
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 50% or 100% sometimes
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? water conditioner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: NO TEST KIT
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? its with all my fish
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? my fish are all nipping
When did you start noticing the symptoms? a few minute ago
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? nope
Does your fish have any history of being ill? king dedede having fin rot
How old is your fish (approximately)? N/A

See less See more
#67 ·
Coming in late too. But do your parents go out by themselves? I was thinking you could sneak and get Rose out of there. But then they might notice, right?

#69 ·
:I They need to be taken and be nipped at all day. :u

#70 ·
Have you tried asking your dad to let you put your tanks up on the wall? Like, have a 2G tank and put up a shelf on the wall, and put a tank up there. I hate suggesting it, but even just splitting up the males and females, having all of the females in one and the males in separates? See if he won't work with you on SOMETHING. :(

#73 ·
I do and I don't understand this. If you have the money, any YOU are buying the stuff, then why does it matter?

Also as I said earlier, you need to tell them that it is not them who is cleaning the tank, but it is them who are wasting their money because they keep buying these fish!!

#74 ·
I say honestly...split the tank and give the other fish away, if they try getting more fish give ALL your fish away and tell them you won't allow fish anymore until you can move out of your parents house. I hate to say it but your parents sound abusive to me. Abusive to animals and you for not letting you properly care for them.

#75 ·
... two problems with that, LadyVictorian...

1. I dont have a divider and i can't find plastic mesh ANYWHERE.

2. I always get caught trying to give away fish.

BUT! there is a fun event coming up: my friends b-day... and if its someone's b-day.... I'm ALLOWED TO GIVE AWAY FISH >:D

#82 ·
When I was in Toronto & Mississauga I noticed a couple Walmarts, but never went inside.

Regardless, ASK an employee where their craft section is.

You'll never find it yourself unless you're very familiar with that sewing bead section.

Bring a photo as of the mesh on your phone, psp, ipad or whatever you kids carry with you nowadays.

I purposely don't ask for help on days where I exhausted, so if an employee doesn't come over to ask me if I need help, I'll leave after I take about 500-2,500 steps in the store.

Most people would consider that a waste of time, but I get in some exercise & I have a great idea of what type of items that stores carries.

Good practice of self control too in terms of impulse shopping.

Anyway, like most people have asked, take some photos of your current tanks/setups.

Post them. I can give you easily 100 different ideas on what you could use as a COVER.

Good luck.

#83 ·
My Walmart doesn't have a very impressive craft section - they used to have a fabric section, but got rid of it a few years back. I found the plastic mesh on the very bottom shelf under their crochet hooks and kits. It was hidden so well I'm surprised I found it so quickly. They only had two sizes, sets of three pieces and there were only a couple of each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.