Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta quit tail biting yay!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Bettagirl101 
#1 ·
So my vt, Roy, tail bites or so he used too. I started playing with him with a laser pointer. He loves it. At first at thought he bit because he was in such a small 1g tank. I plan on getting him a 2.5 gallon heated and filtered tank for Christmas. At first I thought he bit because he was cramped. Turns out he was bored. I noticed this morning as I was fixing to feed him that his tail is coming back. Yay! I am still getting him the 2.5 gallon filtered and heater for Christmas. I may even buy a Betta excerise mirror for him as well. I'm super happy that he's letting it grow back now. He's going to start looking like an actual veil tail now! Yay!

#4 ·
Oh..nice..I use the mirror for my fishys..and that vis the trime to get great flaring pix..my HM is biting..but he is heavy finned..and lives in a 5 gal with all the amenities..floating log..2 hiding caves..and combo of silk and real plants..he just needed to do some trimming..altho I beleive its partially because he hates his filter..trying to get him used to it..and it is a very calm flow..but his beautiful fins will grow back.. soon I hope..

#5 ·
Congrats! It's always exciting to see new growth! My VT bit his tail but would rebite off the clear regrowth infuriating me! lol Now it's like 95% back since dividing his tank with Bowser, my combtail.
I tried the laser game but my fish were too stunned to know what to do. Plus the keychain rattled on it and the cat went looking around xD

Can't wait to see pics :)

#6 ·
Yupp. I'll try to find a camera and post a pic asap. Roy doesn't seem to interested in the mirror, but he sure does love that laser. I put a homemade background on his tank which I think helped as well. I put the laser on the background and Roy tries to eat it lol. :)

#9 ·
Yay laser!

I have one somewhere...

#10 ·
Yeaaaa that is great news ! I meant to mention that months ago I am glad you brought it up about the lasers, Perseus likes the laser light too and follows and tried to catch ..lol I am just very careful not to shine it in his eyes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.