Betta Fish Forum banner

question about the Hydor Theo 25w heater

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  wulfie 
#1 ·
I have yet to get a heater, I know, bad daddy :-( I plan on getting a Hydor Theo, but my question is, is it 'fully' submersible? Can I even put the thermostat part in the water so that everything is under the water line? Any help/info would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
We have it in a 2 gallon tank and it work wonderfully. It,s fully submersible. :-D

#6 ·
I wouldn't mount horizontally in a tank near the lower end of the heater's listed gallon range. Too much chance for over-run above the set temp.

I'm absolutely happy with my Theo, its nearly three years old and I've not even had to clean it.

(keep in mind that betta will sit on the warm thing, don't want it to be a hot-seat)

#7 ·
well my LPS didn't have the hydor theo, so I had to order it online, will be here friday, in the meantime I'm using one of those 'preset' heaters, but I also got a thermometer so I can at least keep an eye on my temps til my Theo gets here. Of course I'll keep the thermometer as well since I know that the thermostat dials are never calibrated properly. I did manager to score a Marina i25 filter though :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.