Betta Fish Forum banner

;_; I couldn't resist!

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 · (Edited)
I... I got another >.<

Big Als had these GORGEOUS DTHMs in and this orange one really caught my eye. But I stopped myself going "I don't have room for another" and left, but I couldn't get it off my mind. I went to another fish store where they were selling 10 gal tanks for $8 and I started to contemplate.

Days later I gave in, and call the store to ask if they still had him, and they did! So I ran, picked up 2 10 gallon tanks (one for... later), and this lovely little orangy.

I don't got a name for him just yet :) I just have him in isolation to watch if anything is wrong with him. Tomorrow I gotta pick up some decorations and gravel since the tank is set up but pretty bear right now.

Eventually he'll share half a tank with Aros.

\o/ Whoo!

Needless to say, my dad finally started to complain about my fish collection.

Although, does anyone know what kind of filter is good for a HM that won't damage their fins? I have a small sponge one, but I dunno if it'll be good enough D:

See less See more
#3 ·
EEEP!!! I LOVEEE HIM!!!! Beautiful beautiful!

Sponge filters will do. My HM hated the bubbler that I had in his tank for a little while, so beware, they really do hate any sort of current in the water! I currently don't have a filter in my HM's tank, just because it's too small to cycle anyhow. :) A corner filter may even do it. You are so lucky! 10g tanks are like 15.99 here!!!!! They used to be about 10.00 :|

#4 · (Edited)
WOW! He's so lovely. I want to go there now...xD

What colours did they have? I might go Wednesday...but I have an essay to do.

#7 ·
@Doggyhog: that's the problem D: the sponge filter I have blows bubbles >.<;; it's this one right here. I don't think it's big enough for a 10gal and I'd actually would really prefer anything that didn't blow bubbles Dx;; so I'm kinda wondering if anyone knows of a good one lol...

The tanks were actually so cheap because the store had just moved locations and got bigger new tanks, so they were getting rid of their smaller old tanks. They were in good condition, so i mean... why not pick up a few? xD

@Jupiter: They had one more HM that I was also pretty tempted to pick up T.T I forget his colours exactly since he was kinda hard to see since he was always lying on the bottom of his bowl, but I know he was metallic and had beautiful lace like fins. If you wanna go, I'm off work at 5pm on wednesday :p we could take a quick trip if you want! It'll only take like an hour or so, just a quick break from all your homework!

But thank you everyone! I can't wait to see him swim around happily in his 10 gallon!

#8 ·
beautiful!! Both of my 10 gallons came with hang on back filters,one is a tetra whisper something or other and my other is an aquaclear. Had to make buffers for them though,current was too strong. Just cut a plastic cup,easy enough.

#9 ·
Yeah T.T I was thinking of using one of those kind of filters, but last time I did, Aros' fins got sucked up into them :S so I was concerned that it might happen to this one too.

Lol my boyfriend wants to call him Sir Orange Soda Crush lol, I'm tempted just to go with Orange... since I haven't thought of anything better yet. Will have to think about it some more though! xDDDD

#10 ·
Hes very pretty. I would go with Crush as in the orange soda and also because all the girl bettas will have a crush on him because he is so handsome. : )

#12 ·
Sounds good, except that i can only go during the day. I have a break from 11:00-5:00, then I gotta go home.

#14 ·
I think you gave me directions once. The 94 going to Millenium, right?

How about Friday? I don't have class after 10:00. :)

#15 · (Edited)
Ack darn... :S I've already made plans for Friday... >.<

Yup, just take the 94 going to Millenium. Once you pass Blair station/Gloucester mall you will go up Blair Road, it's right where Blair and Innes Road intersects in the shopping complex. I'm sure if you talk to your bus drive, they will be able to point it out to you :)

And since I like both the names Orange and Crush, his name is going to be just Orange Crush xD;; Crush being his surname :p

#16 ·
Alright, maybe some other time then. I need to see if my black CT gets better first anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.