Betta Fish Forum banner

Aqua bid

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ninjafish 
#1 ·
Im trying to figure out how it works...if i go to aquabid ...do i just put in Bettas ? and are alot of the fish not from the USA ? ha anyone here bought a fish through aqua bid from another country & if so how did it turn out ? thanks !

My birthday is in June ,my husband says "what do you want for your birthday,?" i say "fish",he says "you are so weird !" LOL

#7 ·
Aquabid is pretty simple. You bid on a fish or if the fish has a "buy now" option you can choose that. After you win the fish Aquabid emails you with the contact information of the seller. You have to contact the seller within a certain amount of time to discuss payment and shipping. The best way to pay is through a paypal account. Many sellers ONLY accept paypal.

The seller will ask which transshipper you want your fish to go to. There are several in the US. After you choose your transshipper the seller will tell you when the next shipment day is.

You then must get in contact with the transshipper. Most of them have websites detailing how to pay them. (Here is an example from Jennifer Vivieros.. a transshipper near me...http://bellsouthpwp.net/J/e/JennViv/betttranship.htm)

Once you pay the transshipper (I suggest doing this as quickly as possible) they will ship your fish out usually within 1-2 days of receiving your payment.

#8 ·
Aquabid is wonderful! And not that complicated as it may appear. There are a lot of wonderful sellers, some of my personal favorites are Aquastar71, Nicebettas, The_fisheries, Betta_Affinity and ploybettas but most of them are really good! Make sure to check their feedback just like Ebay, to make sure they have a good history.

#9 ·
Also, just something I noticed, your seller's next shipment of bettas may not be going to the transshipper that is closest to you. You can either have your betta sent out with the next shipment the seller tells you about, or you can wait until the seller is sending a shipment to the closest transshipper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.