Betta Fish Forum banner

Laser Pointers?

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Sena Hansler 
#1 ·
I had the idea to use a laser pointer for playtime every now and then with Kaida. Is this safe? I haven't tried it yet, as I need to actually buy a laser pointer first.

#2 ·
hahaha I have done that for my betta fish before!!! It's so cute, and funny. Just...like a human please do not shine it in their eyes lol. :) Some will chase the laser...

#5 ·
My boys love laser pointers! Jango will chase his all around his tank, Takeshi tries to eat the red dot, and Chai usually follows it but seems kinda confused xD I would definitely suggest buying one for your bettas! It's great for playtime. Here's a video of Jango playing with one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DfUE7SmFYE

#8 ·
Hahah gotta love bettas... My old Finicky tried eating the light of the laser. when he realized he could not, he left it in a huff :lol:

#9 ·
Lols, I'll definitely get one the next time I'm at PetCo, then!
Thanks, all!

#12 ·
Like I said, how you use it should be how you (maturely) use it around other animals and people... Aka watch out for the eyes :) it can irritate any critter's eyes! Other than that it's awesome to use :p

#13 ·
Glad to see I'm not the only one who does this! I was playing with my cat one night when I discovered that not only do my bettas show interest in it, but my goldfish also try to catch it (to try to eat it, those little piggies). I also have a dog who will chase after it. Great way to burn off some puppy energy.

#15 ·
IT'S A LASER POINTER PHENOMENON!
...I wonder if a turtle or tortoise would chase the beam. XD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.