Betta Fish Forum banner

Sorority friends?

961 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Mirage23 
#1 ·
I have a sorority of 5, one is in a breeders net. Anyway my entire sorority likes to swim around together. And they hardly fight. They have a whole 10 gallon tank to themselves and they chose to swim around in one corner together with the occasional exploring together. When it's feeding time they all eat together and sort of take turns nipping at the clump of brine shrimp. Unless it falls apart then they all attack different pieces. Anyway I thought that was cool. Has anyone else experienced this? My sorority so far seems to get along fantastic! Hardly even nipped fins and if there is they're not that bad. They do chase but I haven't seen them fight. Just chase and if the chaser catches up to who it's chasing it just sits there next to it. Normal? Or just really lucky?

#2 ·
Yep! My sorority did the same thing! They pretty much stayed together all the time at the top of the tank. And when one saw me coming, she would come to the front of the tank and others would usually redirect their attention to me as well. The only time they weren't in a school is when they "slept" at night.
My fish didn't really "fight" either. Yes, they would chase and nip fins. Ocassionally they would also have agressive bouts where a few were a bit more chewed on than the others- typically those chewed on were lower on the heirarchy.
This is what my fish usually look like when they're together. This is four out of my five (I always had one that would stray from the group). My alpha female is the third from the left. :) You can tell which one's alpha when none of the others dare challenge her. The red CT to the left of her was like "second in command". It's really cool- try observing where your fish stand in the heirarchy.

Attachments

Reactions: LADY K
#3 ·
I have. My blue veil tale is definitely the alpha haha. Your fish are so much bigger than mine! I like watching them. Most people think I'm crazy and have "a problem" but I think it's fun and relaxing. They have such interesting personalities and they're kind of funny sometimes as weird as that sounds. Well sweet I'm glad someone else has a happy fish family haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.