Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#9,903 ·
My completed 10 gal. tank. :)

Attachments

#9,907 ·
A bowl is totally fine! As stated, as long as you keep up with water changes your Betta will be just fine! And lights are good for keeping your Betta "regular" meaning they know when it's time for food, they know when it's time to sleep and they know when to wake up :) so if he's in a brighter room he should be fine without a light but a darker room, you might want to consider a desk lamp at least :-D

#9,905 ·
I think one gallon is the recommended minimum, although that is constantly up for debate. As long as you're doing the proper amount of water changes, you're probably all right. I don't think a light is a necessity, but it is nice. Someone more experienced can probably help fill the gaps in a little more. :)

#9,908 ·
I'm very new to owning a betta (I got my first 3 days ago), so I started out with a bowl. The room it's in gets pretty warm, so it stays around 80 degrees during the day. Is that okay? From what I've read around the internet, that's pretty high.

I have a red male veil tail (age unknown) named Augustus, and I got him from a local petstore.

This is his current set up:

I check the temperature a couple times a day, and it's usually in the upper 70's or lower 80's.

#9,909 ·
I really like your bowl well my thanks are usually between 78 and 80
So he should be fine my guys haven't show any problems with that remember they're tropical fish I would be worry about cold temperature if you get a chance get him a heater for cold days there's when you need it

#9,910 ·
Lupins new tank, Fluval Spec III, just got it delivered the other day. I have the pump set on the lowest setting because I heard it can be powerful, and it still kind of is, but his favorite activity seems to be swimming into the current and being pushed back. He won't stop doing it and seems to be having the time of his life, haha.

He is weird, I'd heard bettas like still water, but he loved the bubbles in his old tank and loves the current now.

Attachments

#9,911 · (Edited)
Ziggy Stardust in his 1.5 gallon. I'll be getting him either a 3 or a 5 once I move in to my dorm and see how much space I have. He's colored up a lot since I got him, and he loves his new ornament. He sits in the top hole with the light shining on his little pale head, haha.

Nothing elaborate yet, but he'll be getting live plants next month as well~

Note: Water is a little low, just haven't topped him off yet after cleaning.

#9,920 ·
Your males are definitely spoiled for space JayM. Sebastian is such a little stunner of a CT.

Here is one of my tanks. It's 15 gallons and holds at least 30 fish of various ages and sizes.

This female is mother to at least 20 of the fish in there.

I don't like the substrate so will be swapping it out with some ADA 'Malaya' as soon as I can.

#9,926 ·
I love this thread!
It is giving me great ideas for my future (hopefully sooner rather than later) 10 gallon divided tank!

Here is my 29 gallon community tank. My VT male Fabio rules the roost of 8 harlequin rasbora, 5 rummy nose tetra, 4 julii cories, and 1 oto ... All living peacefully in my often not peaceful classroom:-D

Attachments