Betta Fish Forum banner

The Whole Gang!

958 views 20 replies 2 participants last post by  Enkil 
#1 ·
Well, sort of the whole gang. lol I just took a lot of pictures of all my lovelies (who would allow it). I even got one or two of Leonidas flaring at the camera! Face on shots are all he would allow tonight. XD

Not included in this batch but will continue trying:
Egil - red dragon HM. He ran and his from the camera.
Gwynfor - dragon PK/HMPK. Would not hold still at all.
Quite a few of the girls also would not cooperate.

Sorting through the pictures now. I will share the ones that turned out (even halfway decently) as I find them. I will of course tell you who is who (if they have been named) and a bit about them.

Pic 1: Sholto. He is a Halfmoon Bouble Tail. What his color is, I am unsure of. I plan on breeding him later this year to a dark blue female.
Pic 2: Mystery male. He is blue with an oddly colored face and pretty green iridescence. He blew a bubble nest this morning which is still there with no anchor!
Pic 3: HMPK male. Not yet named. His body is blue with a black "racing stripe". His fins are orange with black/very dark blue edging.
Pic 4: Tail biting male. Not yet named. Has some new growth starting. Brave little thing. Likes to flare at the above HMPK.
Pic 5: The same male. I am hoping that I can figure out why he destroys his tail and curb the habit if not completely eliminate it.
Pic 6: Same mystery male as Pic 2. This one shows his head coloring a bit better.

More to come as I continue to go through my pictures! Stay tuned for more!
Comments and questions are always welcome. The pictures attached to this post are all of males I got on Sunday.

See less See more
#2 ·
Now for some more. ^_^

Pic 1: Mystery male from pics 2 & 6 in the original post. Really starting to enjoy this little guy. He has such a big personality for such a little fish!
Pic 2: Mystery male again. This one really shows the different color on his face.
Pic 3: Frost, male HMPK. Watching me watching him.
Pic 4: Uther, giant HMPK male. Black body with yellow on his face and beard.
Pic 5: Frost, male HMPK. In love with his color.
Pic 6: Frost

#3 ·
Got some more.

Pic 1: Uther, giant HMPK.
Pic 2: Uther again.
Pic 3: Frost, HMPK. I think he was wondering why I was taking his picture.
Pic 4: Uther
Pic 5: Frost again. This one shows how sometimes his color splashes on his tail look blue.
Pic 6: Egil, red dragon HM male. Was so hard to get any pictures of him.
Pic 7: Egil again. Love his little "racing stripe".

#5 ·
Aw. Thanks. I'm very proud of them.
Also, as a note, the male who is a tail biter is a HMDbT.

Pic 1: Leonidas flaring at the camera!
Pic 2: Leonidas giving the camera the eye between flares.
Pic 3: Leo flaring again!
Pic 4: Unnamed little female. She likes to hang about in the java moss.
Pic 5: Fflur. She is yellow and the dots are black as are her eyes. Opinions on her color are welcome.
Pic 6: Fflur.

#7 ·
It happens sometimes. I have two tail biters now. As long as you keep their water clean, it wont really hurt them. HMs are prone to it. My Egil attacks his tail on a regular basis. Odin attacks his if I rearrange his decor. I think he does this because he is vision impaired. Their tails grow back.

#8 ·
I mean like a psychal pain like if I bit my arm out of boredom. o_O Taz and Romeo are both tail biters. Romeo's tail is just starting to come in finally

#9 ·
I don't really know. On one hand, I would think so. On the other, I'm just unsure. Egil keeps his tail short. He'll let it grow back a bit and then takes it down to near nothing again. Odin has stopped biting his as I have gotten to where I put his decorations back as they were fairly easily. He's pretty happy for being partially blind.

#11 ·
Yeah they are. Egil once found a way past one of the dividers and got into Leonidas' section. He has been smart enough to not attempt that again. I got to them before Leo realized his brother was there. Quickly scooped Egil up and fixed the divider. Have not had this problem with any of them since. Thankfully.

#13 ·
Mine do the same. If they don't notice me, I gently tap on the tank's hood to get their attention. I usually have to do this for Odin. I've trained him to go to a specific corner for feeding. It makes things easier for both him and myself. I feed him a different pellet than everyone else. He has trouble seeing brown pellets so he gets ones that are a bright orange.

#15 ·
Thank you. ^_^ I'm very proud of my little collection. I'm hoping that my HM dragon boys and Gwynfor cooperate with me soon for pictures. I really do love my little Gwynfor. I spend a good deal of time watching him. Now that I have figured out my camera, I am hoping to get some good pictures of him to show him off properly.

#17 ·
Lots and lots of plants. I have 11 girls in my sorority. I can go all day without seeing a couple of them. My black CT female is especially good at remaining hidden until she thinks I'm going to give food. Eva has gotten really good at hiding now too. Sad about that since she is my favorite girl. She has such good form that I love watching her.

#19 ·
Live is really good for a sorority. Mine has a live anubias that is left to float along with some water wisteria. When I added the new girls, I also added a lot of floating java moss. The girls LOVE the java moss.
If you want silk ones, I found some for a good price at walmart. Other places seem a bit pricey to me.

#21 ·
Anubias are low light. You had trouble with them? After I start breeding, I plan on raising some plants as well. Perhaps I could start some now and maybe ship you some. I'll have to take stock of my supplies to see when I'd have some available. I have quite a bit of luck with my anubias plants. All of mine have new growth and look great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.