Betta Fish Forum banner

Stressd fish!?!

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  loppy656 
#1 ·
Posiden gets stressed easly and when he dose it makes me worry. He bangs up agenst the sides of the tank and swimms crazly:shock:. I don't want him to hurt himself when hes stressed (or scared):-(. I have herd of some betta stress releavers and was wondering what you recommend.:roll:
:thankyou:

Pleas no rude comments.:-D

#2 · (Edited)
Some causes of stress could be :
- bad water quality
- strong filter current
- tank too small
- fast swimming tankmates
- poor diet
- changes in water condition

ect.

To make sure your betta is happy and healthy make sure that he has:

- at least a 2.5 gallon tank
- 75-80 degrees
- filter (slow current)
- some plants or decor for hiding
- clean and clear water
- well balanced diet
- and not too much activity in the general tank area, that sometimes stresses the fish too

hope this helps

#3 ·
- His thank is 1.5 gallons
- No tankmates
- Low strangth filter
- Fead 2 times a day 1 pellt
- No changes in water conditon

I'm not shure what you mean by "bad watter qualty"

#6 ·
like every other week I compltly clean it. On the other weeks I half clean it.

#8 ·
Hmm. If you aren't establishing a cycle I'd do a full water change every week.

Edit: Opps DQ said it before me haha.

#9 ·
Aros is just like that too ): He gets stressed out really easily no matter how gentle I am or how good his conditions are... T_T;; It just might be his personality...

What I've done for him is keep him out of the light and cover his tank in black paper but I leave a little window for me to look through so I can check on him. I also got him a little cave so that he can hide and feel safe in it. He's less stressed out like that

>.< But when comes water change time, he starts to freak out again and it's difficult... but it's a less stressful if I do it in the dark xD;;

#11 ·
Marina freaks out easily. I found black paper around the back of the tank helped her. But otherwise, just putting my hand in the water for a second or two causes her to get stripes. It may just be his personality.

#12 ·
a good stress reliever is putting a towel over its tank, or so I've heard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.