Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 8K replies 2K participants last post by  CalG 
#1 ·
I get the feeling that most of these photos will be bettas, but still...

Hannibal (among others) (RIP):

Frodo (also RIP):

See less See more
#4,659 ·
Nice pictures everyone. Is Smokey one of the fish you bred Logisticsguy? If so you did a great job on raising him.

Here's one of my fry. Not sure how old it is, but it lives in with mum, dad and a few of its siblings.

That's mum in the foreground

Here's a rutilans I bred and raised myself. Think this one is at least a year or so old.

This rutilans was covered in what I think was ich when I originally got it. After treatment and a few weeks in quarantine, you couldn't even tell.

#4,660 ·
Nice pictures everyone. Is Smokey one of the fish you bred Logisticsguy? If so you did a great job on raising him.
Thanks LBF. Yes he is bred by me and is 3.5 months old now. He started out bright blue then lost all colors making him a panda marble. In the last week he got very dark and a little bit of blue reappeared. Oh how I love your fish and now I have a thing for wild types.

#4,661 ·
After losing my avatar boy last week, I have officially found who my new favorite is. This boy I bought a few months back, brother to the blue grizzled girls I had on a classifieds thread. He definitely has far from perfect finnage, but he's got the most personality of any of my boys anymore.

His parents had perfect form, considering spawning him with one of his sisters just to see what happens

Anyways, now for some pictures of babies!! Took these last night, 5 weeks...still really small, gotta figure something out...

#4,662 ·

Every time I look at Kaoru she seems to grow more. She's a little broken right now from her trip :cough: but hopefully she'll make a full recovery. I just love this picture I snapped of her trying to get the camera to function on video. (she's a little fat she was just fed)

#4,664 ·
Wow, Lisha! He's great! I love that copper color, and how his fins are clear on the ends. Very pretty! I can see how you would think up girly names. He's too pretty for manly names! ;-) I'm not so great with naming them either. Usually it takes me weeks to decide on what to call them. I bet he loves his new home! Congratulations on getting such a beautiful boy!

#4,665 · (Edited)
These are both of my boys# I've had them for a while now#
Pebble (Almost a year of having)
View attachment 79388
Dreamless (More than a year)
View attachment 79387

I had this other fish before all 3 fish I have now. His name was Kooki and I had him for about 3 years. :-D

#4,668 ·
Lisha, your boy reminds me of dynamite! He's got red (the shell) and the white (teh powder) and his finnage with the way the colours are remind me of an explosion! I don't think that's manly at all :D What a lucky find! I agree with Crowntails on Taz, like Tasmanian Devil. Where di you get that pretty little gem of a finny friend?

#4,684 ·
here are my 3 boys -- Nigel is a yellow Dragon Plakat who is my pet -- he's very funny and personable. Basil (00Fish) is a Copper Black Orchid Dragon Butterfly Crowntail that came today -- he's a touch small because he was a holdback that I lucked into and isn't QUITE up to breeding size yet. And Phineas (Phin McBubble) is a Steel Blue Black Orchid Crowntail who also came today. They're both almost up to full color and are looking around for food! These two guys (with some more who i haven't bought yet) will be the foundation males for my breeding program :) Let me know what you guys think! (I'm sorry if the images are weird or big... I took them with my iPad)