Betta Fish Forum banner

A Few Things...

759 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bloo97 
#1 ·
Well, Lucky has been doing the same thing OVER AND OVER again. Is he bored? He's not so much lathargic, but he just hides in the same places in the same order all of the time. Probably a stupid question, but I need to do a waterchange this weekend.

Also, guess what I found on one of the rocks in his tank. A WEED. Yes, a weed. like the ones you find outside. I think it's a clover, but Lucky hasn't been affected by it. I will do a waterchange this weekend, and take out the rocks.

And last, can I use fake decorative silk plants in a fish tank? Like the flowers you find at craft stores? If so, That's what I'm getting for Lucky. Thanks!

#4 ·
I actually use fake ivy from the dollar store in all of my tanks, the fish love it and I haven't had any problems with it.. I let is soak in hot water and rinsed it well before using it.

Though I would be wary of those that are sprayed with perfumes.. maybe stick to the ivy/leaves and not so much the flowers?

#6 ·
Plants from craft and dollar stores are perfectly okay if:
- They are no perfumed
- The have no sparkles or similar things in them
- The dye doesn't leak in the water
- There are no metal wires in it.

I have a few silk plants I bought from Michael's. Don't see why I should pay $8.00 for grass at Petsmart when I can get it for 50 cents at a craft store. :p

#7 ·
Yeah, I got five feet of ivy for $1, much better than a $9 large plant. They're made of the same materials, usually.. at least the icy I snagged is. One of my males will only hang out in it, he doesn't like his petco plants. xD

#9 ·
Okay, so I will go to the craft store after my classes and look at the craft store. I don't want flowers because I don't want it to look like a springtime meadow. So, I think I will go with the fakies from the craft store. Then, I will do a waterchange!

Thanks Guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.