Betta Fish Forum banner

Picked up 2 new girls for my community tank.

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Synthisis 
#1 ·
Well as some of you know, I lost 5 females a few weeks back... Leaving my favorite female queen of my tank.

I treated the tank with heavy antibiotics for about a week, then continued salt till jsut recently.

Everyone else in the tank seems healthy.

So I went to Petco seaching for some females... every one of their betta's was dead or on their way there... A few females looked alright but nothing special. I didnt want to risk it.

So I went to Petsmart... WOW. Apparently they got a new shipment in. Had some spectacular looking males Had to keep from buying one that was black and gold.

But I picked up these 2 girls, who both had nice clear water and are SMALL. As in small I mean just shy of 1".

One is white with red fine... the other has strange colorings... almost marble like, guess we'll see when she grows big!

Here you can see my main female on one side, and one of the new ones on the other... Sorry for the funny angle, had to do that to minimize the lense flare from the flash.

See less See more
#13 ·
He has an Amazon Sword, a Kliener Bar Sword, a few Brown (I think) Cryptocoryne wendtii, some new plant we have yet to figure out the name, and some kind of Vallisneria (a load of it actually). I think I got them all... lol.

#8 ·
Adorable girls! I LOVE the second one! Hope all goes well.

#9 ·
Well the one girl is turning purple lol.

Right now I had planned on 2 more female betta's but Petco's betta supply is horrible.

My female guppies jsut had fry... 88 in total that I can count. Going to give them a day or 2 to mature and set almsot all of them free.

Snack time lol... survival of the fittest. Hopefully Ill have 3 or 4 that grow up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.