Betta Fish Forum banner

my girls tank

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bloo97 
#1 ·
46 gallon bowfront.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ok...I was waiting to make sure the plants survived..lost the ones in the boys' tank. But they seem to be thriving, just have to learn more about the co2..I made it but haven't put it in yet. The collosium has several holes that they go into and the plane is a cave too, but just pulled into petsmart so will get more!
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
Looks nice.....is that hornwort in the back left? is it draped or planted? if it is planted it may rot on you, I drape mine around driftwood to get a more upright look like that, but when put in the substrate it will turn yellow and drop its leaves and float back to the top and make a mess.

I would not add CO2 until you get more plants, What kind of lights are you using? do you know your wpg? What other kinds of plants are you planning? I really love the look so far...btw....

How many female are you planning? I love the look of my all female planted tanks and they are fun to watch too, I have lots of red cherry shrimp in with mine...plus all the snails...I like snails, they have important jobs in my tanks...lol.....I keep mine natural and they use the plants for the hiding places and a big rock...lol.....

Be careful in buying some plants at petsmart, most of theirs are not intended to be grown underwater, grab one of the plant books off the shelf and look them up first, I had to do this when I first started with plants until I learned more....
Can't wait to see this when completed...it is going to be awesome......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.