Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta in a divided tank

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Piranha Joe 
#1 ·
I just moved my Betta from a 1 gal tank to a 10 gal divided tank. He seems to be happy in the new tank but I would like to get some fish for the other side. Any suggestion? Its would be the side with the filter, so I’m not sure getting another Betta would be a good idea.

#2 ·
you could get a nother betta if your really into bettas, most other fish like to have a lot of room, bettas like room too but seem to work great in divided tanks, i dont know any other fish, go with another betta

#3 ·
you dont have to divide a 10gallon as long as you have the right fish with the betta. theres a bunch of fish a betta can live with.
i would recomend some kind of cories. i love those things. they are good bottom dwellers. but somthing like tetras can somtimes be fin nippers
They can also go with african dwarf frogs

#4 ·
thats the message i was trying to send with my reply, only divide it if your going with another betta or else why have it divided at all

#5 ·
betta-shared tank

I've read mixed reviews on the african dwarf frogs...apparently they are blind to anything up close so have trouble finding their food... how do you guys make sure they get fed? I think they would be awesome in my tank, but I don't want to spend that kind of money to watch them die from malnutrition!!!

#6 ·
ask stephen montero he knows alot about the dwarf frogs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.