Betta Fish Forum banner

Constipation?

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  small fry 
#1 ·
I think my betta has it, is there any way to cure it?

Thanks

#2 ·
If you are refering to the diffeculty for your fish to pass waste, then don't worry. That is not a diesase, but it can be bad if it continues. How often do you feed him? Overfeeding is the common problem fo this...problem. Fast your fish 1 day out of every week, even after symtoms are over.

#4 ·
Sounds good. At least that certainly isn't overfeeding. I, personally, might feed mine abit more, although Tony has never touched pellets, and I don't know what size the pellets you are feeding him are.

Is he still constipated, though? It might be something different if he is still showing the same problem. How can you best describe the symtoms (without going into too much detail)?

#6 ·
#7 ·
Housing
What size is your tank?-Below 1 Liter
What temperature is your tank?-Room Temperature
Does your tank have a filter?-No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?-No
Is your tank heated?-No
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?-None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?-Betta Pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish?-2 times a day, 3 pellets

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change?-Daily
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?-100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?-None

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?-No

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?-No
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?-No
When did you start noticing the symptoms?No
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?-No
Does your fish have any history of being ill?-No
How old is your fish (approximately)?Few months, not too sure

#9 ·
Sorry, just got back from Christmas family-thing.:lol:

You said he is in less than a 1L tank? That is somewhere around .3g? I would recommend getting an inexpensive betta bowl (1g or 3L). That is my prefered minimum. It is hard to control ammonia in a tank under 2g. More do-able in a 1g+. Just a suggestion.

I would also recomend getting a thermometer so you can moniter his tempreture. I am trying to save my sister's betta because the water temp got too low (40*F!).

As far as his other issues, I don't know.:-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.