Betta Fish Forum banner

Let's see your... SORORITIES!

3K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  teeneythebetta 
#1 ·
Unfortunately I do not have a sorority yet, but since we just purchased our first house... I know one is in my future.

That being said... post your best sorority pictures and pictures of your pretty girls here!! I love looking at them!

#7 ·
Lol mine needs cleaned almost daily. My Cats like sitting by it, so I can see cat hair all over the hood. Plus they rub their cute little noses on the glass. -_-

#10 ·
ROFL. when I read "4 year old munchkin" I thought you meant a cat, because munchkin is a breed of cat. But then I read he giggles so it's like.. AWKWARD.

#9 ·
Teeney*My terrier flipped out when he saw his first fish. Eyes got real big and he freaked everytime it moved for a while. I can't stand the dust this house gets. I live nextdoor to a company that has a dirt drive so when they go in and out of the lane with their semi's it throws dust at my house. Excuses excuses eh? Lol *blushes

#11 · (Edited)
Enkil* I have the kids around here trained so far. They don't touch my tanks unless I give them permission to help with the feeding but I get you. My 5 year old neice likes to scare herself by walking up to my dad's 55 and putting her hand on it. She jumps when his Pleco moves and laughs, "That fish is creepy Poppy". He has a common Pleco.

#13 ·
Yeah. My daughter only really does it with my sorority and Sholto. She really likes the girls. She was completely in love with my Gwynfor and understands what happened. She didn't like looking at his empty tank either, but it now has my yellow dragon HMPK male.

#14 ·
Aww, Well I am glad you are a mommy who teaches their child about lose. My mother-in-law has a step son (5) who she lies to about fish. He thinks when they die they are back at the petstore or the fishy doctor and they have to stay there forever. I don't like that. He was in love with my fish Captain. When he died the boy was fine. He asked me where Captain was and I told him what happened and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Oh"

#16 ·
Aww I bet she will be into Betta keeping when she's older :) At least she has someone that knows what they're doing to teach her properly ;)

#22 ·
Haha they are all sulking at the moment as they just spent two hours in a polystyrene box while I sorted out their tank. Looks like I need to buy some more plants. I'd neglected my vallisneria and other stems and they died right back leaving more gaps than I'd like.

I will get some shots tomorrow when the water clears from the ADA soil. I thought I could get by without draining the tank completely. Turns out I was wrong.

#26 ·
I'm not sure how long this thread will be up & running but I plan on introducing my girls soon. I will take pictures, depending on how they get along (I'd rather not take pics of anybody that gets their fins nipped at while establishing the pecking order)

#28 ·
I don't think I have posted any pictures since upgrading from a 10 gal, so here is my 20gal long sorority tank.
It contains 12 girls, three adorable corydoras and five Amano Shrimp. I am currently fighting (and slowly winning) a battle with some brown algae, so please excuse the fuzzy driftwood.

Sorry for the radio silence these past few months, had a lot going on. Got engaged, upgraded the tank, lost my job. Sometimes life has a tendency to hit you with a million things all at once.

#31 ·
Not sure why my photos are not coming up in the quote but I got a couple FTS from today. Tank looks smaller because of the angle of the shot. It is actually 46x46x46cms.

I am have debating whether to do a low-tech set-up with big anubias, lots of crypts, bolbitis and moss or just leave as is. For now it just gets to stay as is. Looking scrappy and needing more plants.

#33 ·
Littlebettafish, I'm SO jealous of all your tanks!! You keep them so beautiful- peaceful and natural looking, not to mention the beautiful fish in them!! :O

#34 ·
Thanks. My hairgrass is half-dead since I neglected it and I threw out half my stems and vallisneria. I'm hoping the aquasoil will perk them up. My sorority is my pride and joy. It has taken a long while to collect everybody.

@ Laoshun, at the moment it has no real hardscape as I just did a basic scape. I'm now thinking some big barteri attached to Malaysian driftwood as the centrepiece with moss, subwassertang and smaller anubias also tied down. Then a lawn of hairgrass or pygmy microsword, some ambulia in the back and smaller scattered pieces of wood with bolbitis and narrow or crested java fern. Maybe some crypts in there as well.

That's all probably a good month or so away though depending on my current finances and whether I can get a good price for the anubias hardscape at my LFS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.