Betta Fish Forum banner

Deimos And Nereus

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Dei is a houdini, though it's done him no good. He somehow managed to get into Nereus' side of the tank, and has ended up being the loser in the resulting battle. I've given them both salt baths, and Deimos is now in a one gallon container, while Nereus has returned to the 5.5, since he's in much better condition than Dei. I'm not sure Dei'll make it. He's really lethargic, doesn't move much, and is just laying on top of his castle. Should I keep giving him salt baths, or might that be too much stress for him right now? I honestly don't think he'll last the night, though I've got my fingers crossed.

#7 ·
Thank goodness! In the darkness I didn't see the pectoral fins because they're so torn up, but both are there! He proved to me he's not going down without a fight by swimming a lap around his temporary home! I'm so, so happy! The real test will be the next few days, but I definitely have hope now. He's on top of the castle again, but every once in awhile he turns around to change positions.
And thanks drama, I'll do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.