Betta Fish Forum banner

I feel so lucky!

1K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
So my daughter and I went to Petco today & of course checked out the bettas. She pointed to this guy & wanted him....then I saw what cup he was marked as! They had him in a halfmoon male cup! So i paid $11.99 for a $19.99 fish! Isnt he BEAUTIFUL?! We just got home, but I had to share my excitement!:-D

#3 ·
Thanks! I will post more for sure! The credit for finding him goes to my 3yr old! Lol Hmmm now I need to think of a good name.

#4 ·
He's an elephant ear?! OMG JEALOUS... I'd name him Fly Boy with those fins Lol

#5 ·
He sure is! I couldnt believe they had him in a halfmoon cup. Oh well for them though! His face makes me think of an old, wise, grumpy dude, so i named him Pai Mei after the character in Kill Bill.

#6 ·
By the way hannah16, your elephant ear is AMAZING!

#7 ·
Thanks! I wish he was mine!!!! He was an AB betta I fell in love with. I'm hoping to get one at some point ;w;!! I'm so jealous, I love the elephant ears.

#9 ·
I agree! This is the 2nd plakat she's decided will come home with us. Plus she finds the dirtiest cups and says in her LOUDEST voice "Ugh! Dont they EVER change their water here?!" I just let her while deep down feeling very proud of her.

#14 ·
He is very active. Very curious of his plants, a little shy, but they usually all are their 1st day home. I have my camera charging & will load new pics of him as soon as I can!

#17 ·
Thanks Choclate, thats very nice!

#16 ·
I should note that while he is active I can tell he tires from his large pectoral fins. He will rest for a minute or two but then regains strength. I would think 5gal will be ideal for him. 10gal may be a bit much for his endurance.

#19 ·
I agree. I was so happy that they mismarked him, otherwise i may have not been so quick to buy him. I dont know how they missed his large pectorals though!

#20 ·
So here's some more pics. He's in a 1.5gal, heated critter keeper until I can get his 5 gallon ready. I think the transition will be good for him to do slowly, like I said his endurance is low from being in a cup. Don't want to over do it for the lil guy! The 4th photo is of him resting after wearing himself out flapping those wings...I mean fins! :p

#21 ·
Beautiful

#25 ·
My kids help me test the water, do water changes, and feed all of the bettas. I keep telling my daughter she should be a doctor for pets when she's older. She agrees because she would like to pull ticks out of them.....thanks Animal Planet! Lol!

#26 ·
What a cutie! My Petco mislables their EE's all the time - I got mine (who actually looks a lot like your new boy) because they mislabled him as a HM. Granted, many of the ones they label incorrectly have one of their "ears" partially torn off, but they're still definately EE's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.