Betta Fish Forum banner

Weird About my female (._.)

608 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  JamieTron 
#1 ·
Idk my female lays on her side when she done swimming but never did that intell today can somebody tell me something...(never happened)

#2 ·
You need to tell us more so we can help you. What is the size of the tank, and how much/how often do you change the water? Is the tank heated? Is the tank cycled? Are there any tankmates? And anything else you can think of that might be useful to us.

#3 ·
Well I have betta tanks but it's divider tank for the bettas they have plenty of room to move around..I change the tank everyweek (SUNDAYS) no the tank is not heated it's room temperature but the water more warmer I always have a jug of water that sit in my room so I can get my room temperature so I can have it read when I get ready to change there tank...

#4 ·
No tank mates she haves her own side of the tank...We'll a couple days ago she just got done matting when I took her out she was fine day before and yesterday and now today I recognize something different about her ...that when I found out she was floating on her side and when she swim down it harder for her and she will float back up with out using her fins....I need her normally

#5 ·
Somebody correct my if I am wrong but it sounds to me like she has swim bladder disease. Which is normally caused by accidental over feeding or injury. Did the symptoms occur shortly after you fed her? I would say to stop feeding her for a few days she may be constipated which could be disrupting her swim bladder function. Not feeding her for a few days will help her constipation pass. Once she is swimming normally make sure to soak her food for awhile before you feed it to her to help prevent it from happening again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.