Betta Fish Forum banner

I just witness a murder!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  MattsBettas 
#1 ·
I have a sorority that has been set up for a few months. There is 5 girls and 6 ghost shrimps, the shrimps has grown quit big (the females shrimps are now the size of my bettas). Normally, the girls ignore the shrimps, the smaller ones will hide (its heavily planted so lots of hiding places).

But today, i was watching my tank and this one shrimp was swimming up and down the glass. Then i watch as 3 of my girls surrounded him. To my horror, they all attacked him at once and ripped him part. I watched as Regina feed furiously off with his decapitated head and granny running off with his tail being chase by Lil red and Aurora.

Life is hard for a poor shrimp in storybrook.

I wonder if i should remove the rest of my shrimps....

#2 ·
This sounds like something out of a rated R movie, poor shrimp!

#3 ·
Next time, don't name the shrimp Mr Gold! Jk, jk! In all truth, that sounds awful. Was it one of the smaller shrimp or one of the larger? If it was one of the bigger ones, I'd prolly remove the rest, otherwise, you can always leave the rest & test their will to survive.

#8 ·
I tried to put shrimp in my sorority...and they were all dead in like 10 minutes. I will say though that I'm not sure if it was because of the girls or the water in my tank (not oxygenated enough at the time).

I have to agree with what Kwomais said, haha it was probably Mr. Gold! Love OUAT. :)

#9 ·
haha it was one of the smaller one that got killed, i named the big shrimp mr gold cause that is the only one i can tell apart from the others.

Not sure why the girls went homicidal tho, they have been living together in peace for months.

Mr gold is bigger than my girls now! he is a master at hiding tho, it always takes me at least 2 minutes to pin point where he is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.