Betta Fish Forum banner

Royaly Annoyed

976 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Shawtee 
#1 ·
For the first time ever i can offically say im hacked off/stressed/annoyed with fish & suppliers.
1. i have been sold a single cory with out the man explaining the conditions he needed E.G A SHOAL so since spring he has now over a collective period of more than 2 months hiding down my air pump!
2. The bloke that sold me the cory didnt have a clue about fish, sorry but yeah all fish should be kept with care and there fore "newbie" buyers could do with information about the fish.
The counter argument being that we should research before we buy but i bet you 9/10 people have bought at least 2 types of fish with out detailed research.
3. WHO DECIDED TO SELL A 6 GALLON TANK AS A COMMUNITY TANK, it just doesnt work out unless you want "easy fish", plus when you progress the upgrade can cost you about £100 unless you go on ebay but cba starting a fight with my parents about getting a 70L tank.
4. WHO DESIGNED THE FRIGGING biOrb for the first 3 years that sphere didnt get cleaned properly because noone mentioned any cleaning techniques... plus some loaches can find it hard to attach to a concave side.

Sorry i am just royally hacked off that Fish sales people dont acutally give you more information at the time. Gar de Gar.

Sorry for the ramble, Peace x

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah tomorrow im calling the store possibly going there if i can get a lift! need to pic up some jungle fight stuff for one of my widows because they have pop eye and the black jaw, there so annoying though cuz there so agressive.
The cory the pet shop will porbably take but yeah my widows, when one of my dwarf puffers was ill i put the three widows in my mates tank and they went skitz on her fish! so i doubt the pet shop will want them... plus i think there 3 years old or 4 so near enough tiem for them to die... they're hench tbh.

#4 ·
aww- I had the same thing happen to me- my first post on this site was about a cory. When I had my 50 gallon turtle tank I had many cory to help keep it clean- but i hadn't realized they need to be kept like that and the girl didn't mention it when I bought the one. It was fine- I returned him- said my tank turned out to be too small and they let me trade him for ghost shrimp and a refund.

But yeah- there's a lot of fish equipment and stuff that's badly designed and difficult to look after. I feel bad for people who spend a lot of money on the wrong stuff.

#7 ·
yeah it was quite large- my sister dumped baby turtles on me and at first they lived in a 1 gallon bowl and were sick from her mistreating them- then a larger reptile home with water and land portions- then a 10 gallon with a floating island- then a 50 gallon with a partially submerged stump, three filters, a huge pleco, school of corys and some cichlids to keep things interesting. Now they live in my fathers koi pond and the tank is in storage. I'll probably reclaim it when I remarry- no more turtles though- they're filthy :p
Probably I'll have a nice community with neon tetras and some more corys and loaches- i do love the antics of those little bottom feeder guys- always sniffing around looking for scraps with their whiskers awww

#9 ·
I saw a realllly nice tank set up on ebay, with a cabinet and i was like "mom can we order it" she was like " YOUR NOT HAVING ANYMORE FISH" -.- fail.
anthother thing the bi orb was so hard to clean ive damaged it a couple of months back when i did "the major scrub" so i dont know about acutally re - locating the tank, plus it was a gift as welll from my parents so i dont want them to get offended at the same time... I NEEED A BIGGER TANK :p x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.