Betta Fish Forum banner

Introducing Shane!

4K views 46 replies 10 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
My Leopard Gecko! He is about 3-4 months old!

Pretty sure it's a boy. what do you think?

I have no idea what morph he is lol

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you! I think he is very cute too :).

The little bump at the base of his tail in the first picture is why i think he is a boy ;)

#7 ·
Yeah Shane is very lazy lol. He sleeps most of the time except for a little while in the morning and evening.

I can never see the ones at petco/petsmart because they are always hiding/sleeping!

#8 ·
Are Petco has a cave cut in half on the glass the Geckos get in and sleep and you can see them. Are those things easy to care for?

#11 ·
They are very easy to care for. You just have to feed the live food such as mealworms and make sure one side of the tank is around 90F while the opposite side is ~70-80F. They need food and water like anything else. One hide on the cool side one hide on the warm side and preferable a humid hide (usually a plastic container with a hole cut out) that you spray with water because that helps them with shedding.

#13 ·
You will want to put an under tank heater under his hot-side hide. Then if the air temp is really cold (like in my house) then you can also use a heat lamp. otherwise if your room temp is 70+ then all you need is the under tank heater on his warm side.

Thank you! I feel like I got lucky with that picture!

#15 ·
He is usually active for about an hour in the morning and a couple hours in the evening. And thank you, I try to give him the best life that I can.

#18 ·
He's so cute!! (; What's his tank size? And don't you get grossed out by the mealworms, crickets, etc? I researched their care before 'cause my dad said we could. But he was just joking, and I didn't notice. xD

#21 ·
@LTB: he is in a 20 gallon long and nope I don't get grossed out at all! Sometimes I will feed him one right from my hand!

@eemmais: thank you! I thought the name suited him lol

#27 ·
He is my first reptile and he is awesome! I wanted to give him plenty of space for when he grows up :)

#26 ·
@LTB: I actually breed the mealworms, so I have a tub full of beetles right now XD

@Choclate: For now I just feed him mealworms, but I coat them in multi-vitamins and calcium powder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.