Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#4,674 ·
#4,675 ·
#4,676 ·
Oh man, I was oogling those girls earlier this morning! I very much want to start a sorority, my 10g NPT is cycling now for about 2 weeks, and those are some beauties.

...but I really don't have the money right now for $20 betas. D;

Petsmart's .99 ladies are a bit more agreeable to my wallet.

#4,677 ·
I've always wanted an imported betta but there are TOO MANY GORGEOUS CHOICES. If I ever see a gold-bodied, red & black finned plakat I will HAVE to purchase him.

#4,684 ·
I loved her also but that price point would have put me off if I was seriously looking rather than just browsing for fun.

Sad to learn that the marbles' colors change so much, though, since I LOVE the way they look.

#4,685 ·
I wish you could stop the colour change at a certain point. Some of my marbles changed really slowly, while I had one female go from blue/white (she had been sitting at my LFS for a month or so before I finally got her) to solid blue in about a week.

Sucks if you really like the colour they are when you purchase them.

#4,686 ·
Ah man...she is pretty pricey. Thank you for the link. I'll have to think about that for a bit, good thing I still have 23 hours to decide. Littlebettafish, you're very right. I bought a male HMPK that was mostly white, blue, black and red finnage. I hadn't had a marble before (and didn't realize he was one) and boy was I surprised when a few months later he colored up to pretty much an entirely blue body!

#4,690 ·
I Almost bought that boy! But, went for a yellow/white marble instead (see previous posts of mine if you want to see, the one before this one I posted)

#4,691 ·
I think I'm scared of the idea of purchasing a marble now that I've learned this about the colors changing.

#4,693 ·
Don't be scared! Most marbles stop changing once they hit maturity. Out of the 8 I've had, they have all changed color a little, but not so much that they completely lost any certain color or that they didn't look like the same fish I fell in love with. That's all I buy anymore and haven't had any issues. So I think you'll be okay. It does happen occasionally, but not every time

#4,692 ·
#4,696 ·
Aemaki, who is the yellow and white marble with the blue eyes under? What is the AquaBid username for him, I mean.

#4,697 ·
Never mind! Sorry, I just found out!

#4,698 ·
It was baibawbettas or something like that..I posted his link unde the pic

#4,701 ·
Baibuawbettas.....I must tell you that I've had 2 bad experiences with that seller. I've tried twice to buy a fish from them and both times it didn't happen.

The first time, after I had paid the fish wasn't in the shipment, I contacted the seller. He apologized and said that he couldn't send my fish because it was sick....and attached a picture of the "sick" fish. Except....the picture was NOT of the fish I'd bought! So, I asked for a refund and questioned why the picture was not the right fish. I got the refund, but no response to my question.

Then, a few weeks ago, I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and try buying another fish (they do list some mighty attractive and unusual specimens). They never tried to contact me at all after I won the fish....not one email. If I hadn't had the previous bad experience, I of course would have contacted them myself to finalize the purchase. But, under the circumstances, I decided to wait and see. So, I never heard from them....and never ended up paying for the second fish at all.

I certainly won't bid on one of their fish again....their business practices seem "fishy" to me....lol. Just thought I'd let you all know of my experiences so you could take that into consideration. :)

#4,699 ·
It was Nitwit or Bettas2Day.

#4,702 ·
Catwoman!! I didn't know that -- thanks for the heads up! Definitely talked me right out of bidding on that boy!

Which one were you originally talking about? The boy I posted today, or the yellow marble that I actually bought? The one I posted today was Baibuawbettas, the yellow that I bought is from betta2day

Quick question, I've only bought bettas on AB from Chard, I'm just wondering how much lets say a betta that's $20 from a non US seller would cost overall after all shipping and everything is taken care of
total would genarlly run you about $50 for a single fish. Price of fish, $20, shipping to the US $5, and then a $5 box fee from transhipper, plus around a $3-4 handling fee per fish, then $15ish for shipping. It's smarter to buy multiple imports at once that way the cost of importing gets spread over multiple fish. You're paying around $50 for the first fish and than only $8-9 per each additional fish. ($5 from seller, $3-4 fee from transhipper).
My total for importing 3 fish from the transhipper to me was $46(ish) for overnight through UPS from Julie Tran, $15 for shipping fees from seller to transhipper, and then of course the cost of each fish.
It's somewhat pricey, but if you can afford it, it's definitely worth it!

#4,705 ·
Catwoman!! I didn't know that -- thanks for the heads up! Definitely talked me right out of bidding on that boy!

Which one were you originally talking about? The boy I posted today, or the yellow marble that I actually bought? The one I posted today was Baibuawbettas, the yellow that I bought is from betta2day

total would genarlly run you about $50 for a single fish. Price of fish, $20, shipping to the US $5, and then a $5 box fee from transhipper, plus around a $3-4 handling fee per fish, then $15ish for shipping. It's smarter to buy multiple imports at once that way the cost of importing gets spread over multiple fish. You're paying around $50 for the first fish and than only $8-9 per each additional fish. ($5 from seller, $3-4 fee from transhipper).
My total for importing 3 fish from the transhipper to me was $46(ish) for overnight through UPS from Julie Tran, $15 for shipping fees from seller to transhipper, and then of course the cost of each fish.
It's somewhat pricey, but if you can afford it, it's definitely worth it!
Oh god that's not happening anytime soon, maybe one day when I'm rich

#4,703 ·
I was talking about the one you bought. I entered a contest where the prize is one aquabid betta for 60$ or less, and I wanted to see if there were any other ones from the same spawn that looked like him. And yeah, it was Betta2Day.

#4,704 ·
@aemaki09 I just wouldn't have felt comfortable if I hadn't let you know of my experiences....I mean, there may be others who have had a positive outcome with this seller (they do have some positive feedback...), but I certainly didn't. I don't like to speak badly of others...maybe there is some explanation for how they've dealt with me....but, I would feel horrible if you went ahead and bought the fish and had something similar happen to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.