Betta Fish Forum banner

My new possible breeder

5K views 73 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 · (Edited)
For all you out there that have been following my "journy", you know that my male Snowflake had failed at spawning so I was forced..well not forced but you know what I mean..to get a new male. Well so far he has proven impossible to photograph properly, I would have a better chance of photographing bigfoot. After sitting there snapping shots for 2 hours and going through a set of batteries this is the best I could get. It shows his colors well and somewhat his shape but itsa bit misleading. It looks as if he would have full finnage when he flares, almost a halfmoon, but instead theres a gap between the dorsal and (caudal?) fin. A normal gap not fin rot or anything, just not very pretty. Hopefully I cab fatten him up and he will flare it out.

Ohh and I will get better pics tomorrow once he settles in, he was getting mad when I wouldnt leave him alone for 2 hours. :roll:

Edit: Best part is, he was priced as a $6.97 delta male, but we got a new cashier that sold him as a $3.39 female splended, saved me some money.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks I cant wait for him to "healthen" up, my Snowflake got like 10x more beautiful over a month of clean water I really hope he does too.

#5 ·
Did you get him at PetCo? Cuz that's where I got my breeders, and my lines came out great, not to brag :p

Will be adding pics soon.

#6 ·
No I got him from a local place that normally keeps their bettas in GREAT conditions but this time they looked slightly worse, he said its because it was "alsmost time for a water change" and I thought, ohh yah the dirty water just made them LOOK dead.

#7 ·
Oh, I buy halfmoons from PetCo, their genetics are great.

#8 ·
He is awesome lookin too :p

#10 ·
I did, saved me enough money to buy another male if this ones as lazy as the last..hehe

And of course you always find these little beauties you just must have.

#12 ·
As promised I got some new pictures of my betta that still has no name, not very good pics either but it lets you see his shape better.

This shows his ventral fins down, he keeps pulling them up but hes getting more comfortable letting them hang.

I think he will be a good match for my female, whos still a fatty.

In this picture she looks black but shes really a dark blue, and when she sits still under the light shes almost the same color as him, shes maybe 2 shades darker blue.

#13 ·
Ive also decided to name my new male Kingdra, yes a pokemon, because I always have and always will love pokemon. Also when reading Kingdra's bio on bulbapedia it says,

"Kingdra is a larger, more elegant version of Seadra. It has beautiful fins that wave in the water as it swims. Its head has a crest-like fin along its cheeks."

I think it fits him very well.

#20 ·
They have tons of them around here just none of them are very healthy looking, I found my girl when she wasone of those tiny little bettas you see at the stores, I knew she was for me when I walked in and she was doing laps around the cup when the rest were just lying on the bottom.

Thanks dramaqueen, hopefully in a few weeks I can get him to make me some pretty babies.

#23 ·
Bad mistake,

1)Heavy finnage makes them slow, your males is slow

2)Crowntails are more agressive than other bettas, the females even need to be put in jars

if your breeding tank is larger than 10 gallons he should be just fine.

#26 ·
Yah I had my crowntail female and crowntail male together with no violence so I think they'll be fine.

What about them being slow? Dont all males have heavy finnage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.