Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#3 ·
Hehe, I like this thread. Well I guess I'll post my purchases even though you all already know who they are,

First is my most recent. A green marble OHMPK who I've named "Fable". He's due to arrive next week :-D.
Next is my orange dot OHMPK, Figment. Both these guys are from Ninebettas and last is the late :cry: Artoo, my multi yellow CT who passed away last week.

Thanks for looking!

#5 ·
I really like this guy. He looks like a sunset,

#6 ·
@ sweeda- I LOVE the yellow halfmoon! Holy smokes!
@pitgurl- I didnt know you got the little orange spot OHMPK!!! I totally stalked him on AB haha. I like the last one you posted too, too cute!

Ugh, this is why AB is dangerous... i do NOT need another fish, but that pastel swirl (my own made up color) I posted is really tugging at my heart strings...

#10 ·
I am in love with that boy to...I actually went so far as to set him as my background on my laptop!I'm currently in the process of trying to convince my mom to let me bid on him! And pitgurl I love the boy! He totally looks like a sunset

#11 ·
The first picture is a boy who was on my mind for days. Right when I decided to get him, someone else had beat me to the auction minutes before I clicked "buy now" :( I was so bummed.
THEN, after expressing my disappointment to my boyfriend who was working overseas at the time, he surprised me with Diablo! Second pict. He is my sweetest boy- totally my baby! Thanks to him, my AB addiction has almost spiraled out of control haha.

#12 ·
Oh goodness! Diablo is gorgeous! I'm really really into black and white bettas right now so his colors are totally working for me (especially with the red section). Wow...he looks like a sweetie to :D

#13 ·
Thank you so much! And I am with you- I am a total sucker for black and white bettas too. Thats why a couple of yours caught my eye!
Diablo acts like anything but what his name implies haha, he is the sweet heart of the whole group. Right now he is babysitting the snails I got for one of my other boys, Sam, because Sam ate off their antenna:shock: Diablo is helping me nurse them back the health haha, such a caring guy!

#14 ·
@ tokala- That's so funny you were stalking Figment. He arrived about 3 weeks ago. He's a big boy almost 2 1/2 inches long, I was shocked at his size when I pulled him out of the box. Here is a recent photo of him....

Oh, I bought a couple snails today and Figment has already munched on them :-?. Bad bettas!

#388 ·
I have had no trouble with putting my bettas with snails as long as i put the snails in first... when i had my first betta i dropped a snail into the tank it was pecked to death not even a minute later! so when i was changing the water for that same fish i decided to put the snails in and then let the fish chill out in a baggie in the tank before letting him loose and they survived!! lol.. but the snails i have now are thriving and just duck for cover if ever approached by my new halfmoon king betta, which i thought was going to be very aggressive towards them.

#20 ·
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettasct&1305966607

been ogling the above crowntail but I already have 3 bids in right now, now no one take these, they are for breeding purposes!!!

and I did win this girl already :) she is to breed to gumbo

and then there's the ones I've owned -
gumbo my baby, who has changed some more since this picture :)

sushi who's passed on :(

kadin who's also passed on, but i have his 3 week old fry growing out now

and butterbean who i'm trying to breed now

#21 ·
I hate you for making this thread... I'm going to have 5 new bettas by the end of the week D;

AB is addicting. The only thing that keeps me from buying is knowing I'm going to get yelled at, LOL!

#25 ·
@ russalka- Thanks. It's a bit of a mystery what happened. He was showing signs of ammonia poisining but my water always tested safe and Figment who shares the other side of the tank was fine:dunno:. I'm thinking something else my have been going on. It's frustrating when you don't know what happened.

#35 · (Edited)
I haven't quite decided yet, but I'm really leaning towards getting my first betta locally rather than from AB. I've never had one before, so I'm kind of nervous about causing something bad to happen to one of those really beautiful AB guys right off the bat. I might get one if I decide I need another betta.

#31 ·
Here's my AB kids... :) and the last 2 are boys I want! up for bid right now!

Lula

Eggie

The boys I want:

This guy would be my breeder with the above females :D

This guy would just be for fun. He looks like Ace of Spades!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.