Betta Fish Forum banner

Community tank?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
Goodevening :3

In a few months I'm going to be purchasing a 30 gallon tank. My plan is to house my current male betta, along side a few tetras and a snail. First off, does that sound like a good pair-up? I've heard that tetras do fine with bettas, but what about the snail?

Second, in the event my male betta turns out to be very rude (trys to kill the other fish..) I'll end up keeping him in his little apartment tank,and buying instead some female bettas. How many female bettas get along, and will live safely in a 30 gallon tank? I want to get a few, not too many, and not too little. I don't want to end up with a 30 gallon tank with only a few fish in it, and four other containers with bettas... might be a bit awkward. If need be, I can always get a larger tank... it's still in the pen to paper process so nothings been completely decided yet.

Thank you!

#5 · (Edited)
I'll be setting up a 29 gallon this week. If I were to make it into a betta sorority I would get 15 girls maybe more. I have a 20 gallon with 8 girls and plan to get a few more. It depends on how many other fish you will have in with the girls.

In the 30 gallon I hope to have one male betta and a variety of peaceful community fish. I'm trying to decide now. So far I want 8-10 neon tetras, harlequin rasboras and 4 peppered cories and some otos. Best to have a bigger group of tetras with a male betta.

My bettas are fine with snails but there is the occasional betta that will eat a snail.

FYI it would be best to quarantine all new fish for a week or more before adding them to your 30 gallon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.