Betta Fish Forum banner

Got my master test kit..

680 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Sarada 
#1 ·
So I tested my tanks...and my PH was high...7.6-7.8 so I tested my tap water....
7.6...hrmph

#4 ·
This just pisses me off reading this my ph is fine no ammonia no nitrites very little nitrate no chlorine and still my guy sits at the bottom of his tank pumpin his lungs and only coming up for air no and wont eat anything not brine shrimp no pellets not pea not blood worms.

In other words I'm jealous.

#5 ·
Well do you think the water might be too cold? Fish lay at the bottom when its too cold. Maybe buy a mini heater from your local petstore? The ones at petsmart are 12.99.

#7 ·
Yeah I got the twenty dollar one that supposedly brings it up to 78F. That works if the light is on if not it drops to 76F I think I might bring it back tomorrow and get a better one hopefully adjustable....I don't see how having a 100W heater set for 80F is going to be worse than having a 50W heater set for 80F one should just be more efficient at keeping the temp constant.
He did hang out mid tank for a bit ...while I was trying to take a picture of him to no avail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.