Betta Fish Forum banner

Black x Cellophane

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  youlovegnats 
#1 ·
What would a black (with green) betta crossed with a cellophane betta produce, colourwise? This is assuming tail types are compatible.

I'm just curious.

#4 ·
:/ hmmm...
Well there isn't much out there that's actually documented. I could have my bf ask his uncle. He was a betta breeder out in Vietnam for 30 years.

#5 ·
Thank you, I would appreciate that.

I have a black orchid male and a cellophane female. I'm still trying to determine whether or not the female is breeding quality - she came home from the breeder with some issues but has improved dramatically in the few days I've had her.

As this is a personal spawn, with the offspring being given away or kept for myself, I don't really care what the outcome is as long as the fry are healthy. Still though, it would be nice to have an idea of what may come up.

#6 ·
I've experienced (and heard) that the fry mostly resemble the female. So you might get a couple cellophane's and a lot of multis. Punnet squares don't really work unless you know the true genes of the fish. :/
I'll let you know what my bf's uncle said in a bit :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.