Betta Fish Forum banner

New sorority, pic included..

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AlexXx 
#1 ·
View attachment 3838 View attachment 3838 So, as I posted in another thread, my new CT passed away today, which left me with enough empty tanks to take the dividers out of my 10 gallon and start my sorority, so of course I jumped at the opportunity. All 3 of my remaining boys are happy in their tanks, and I've picked up 3 new girls over the last 2 days, and so far so good, they've been in their new home about an hour and no chasing/nipping has taken place.

To make it fair to tiny Lily, I picked up one of her sisters who was left at the store I got her from, so they're both the same size, as well as 2 sisters from another store who are much older and much larger than the little girls. Hopefully neither of the bigger girls turn out to be bullies, but so far so good they all seem to be very docile.

Here's a pic of the setup: (sorry for the reflection, the window is on the other side of the room causing a glare)

More pics of the girls to follow once they've adjusted.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm thinking about adding some tankmates in a few weeks once the cycle is totally stabalised in the tank, and the girls have had some time to adjust.. since bettas have a pretty low bioload. I'm not sure what to go with.. any suggestions? I was thinking maybe some danios, or minnows of some kind to distract the girls and hopefully keep the aggression down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.