Betta Fish Forum banner

feeding fry after microworms and BBS

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  indjo 
#1 ·
My first ever spawn grew more slowly than I expected. I wonder if it had to do with what I was feeding.

I was a bit confused about how soon to move off of MWs and BBS, to something else.

Could you share how and when you move off of microworms and BBS? What came next?

#2 ·
Small pellets like NLS Grow. Coupled with BBS well into adulthood and clean water and plenty of space should help growth.

#3 ·
My first ever spawn grew more slowly than I expected. I wonder if it had to do with what I was feeding.

I was a bit confused about how soon to move off of MWs and BBS, to something else.

Could you share how and when you move off of microworms and BBS? What came next?
It all depends on what will fit into their mouths.

I went from mw and bbs to flake and then frozen brine shrimp then frozen misqueto larva and bloodworms.

If they will eat it, give it to them!

#6 ·
We made some veggie water. We put in five rotifers. Now, there are two dozen. But, they are as big as the fry. If you have micro worms put a few in a baggie and mail them to us. We can send money.

Yesterday, Cathy said there were a lot of mosquitoes in the water where we had a spawn. We thought all the babies had disappeared and we had stopped taking care of them. I looked. There were a hundred dead fry floating on the water.
The next day, I started to take them out with a baster. THEY ARE ALIVE!!! So, I took care of them. I collected as much infuscia as I could find. Without a microscope I don't know if I really fed them or not.
If you have micro worms put a few in a baggie and mail them to us.
Bill, 922 Belmont Drive, West Palm Beach 33415

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.