Betta Fish Forum banner

A CT Keeper. :]

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  crowntail lover 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I decided to keep this guy who is from my latest Petsmart CT line. He was out of my 3rd generation spawn..So have worked on the finnage a bit. Oh..He is almost 3 months old..
These arent very good quality pics as I used my iPhone.. But thats okay. lol. I just want you guys to see his fins and colors.
View attachment 21478

View attachment 21479

View attachment 21480

View attachment 21481

View attachment 21482

View attachment 21483

And of course if did not flare in one of these pics. lol

#2 ·
I've been thinking of getting some red CTs from either PetCo or PetsMart....I want to create a red CT line by myself...

Nice boy you got there! I like his fins and the color is AMAZING! You'll do some great things with the pair I'm gonna send you....I can feel it!

#3 ·
You should try it out! Its really fun to see what you can get! :].
And thanks! I just wish the pics were a bit better. lol. Thats okay, he is fantastic in person! Great 180 spread too!
And I hope so!! I am so excited for them to come in.. I already have a 10g spawning tank and a 30g growout tank "on hold" for these guys. haha. (I plan ahead)

#4 ·
Haha nice. I'll select some nice ones for you. They haven't hatched yet but by tonight they should.

#8 ·
As soon as they hit 4 months! Any younger...too agressive. I try to breed them until they are 10 months old.

#11 ·
Thank you guys! He is a great looking guy, in person.. :D. Those pics arent very good at all...The only reason I decided to keep him is because I just fell in love with his colors and personality..He is hilarious...if thats even possible..haha. I kept a sibling as well, so I will go ahead with another generation.. :]

Mr. V. I breed until 10 months as well.

#12 ·
Yeah I feel they have a good 6 months of breeding power in them.

Your pair is somewhere in the nest right now! They just hacthed!

#15 ·
Mr. V.. YAYAY! *jumping with joy* haha.. Not really. But I am very excited! Youll have to send me some pics when they are free swimming. :]
B143- thank you!
Jk-I am starting to get a lot of Cambodian Pastel with some green and blue colorings in a butterfly kind of look like the CT in this thread(no name yet, ideas?) But I am also getting some nice red blue marbles. All seem to have a butterfly look.

#20 ·
Oh i see. I think its hard to keep everyone updated when you have two spawns going on:/ i tried it and my spawning update thread died:[

#21 ·
Aww.. Its not that bad once the fry dont need their daddy anymore.You dont have to worry about him eating them..all you have to focus on is feeding the proper foods and keeping the water clean and healthy so the babies can grow and grow and grow.. So you can keep everyone updated. lol. Its a lot less stressful if you have all your supplies and a back up plan.. :] Im actually going to wait until school is almost over and i have both my new pairs in before I spawn.. that way I have more time to care for all three spawns, at the same time. tehe.

#22 ·
I will be doing a lot of out door spawns this summer. I can't wait!

#23 ·
Mr. V- I am actually thinking about doing a outdoor summer spawn using the shallow spawn method with the pair I will be getting from you. But I will be doing the shallow spawn method indoors with my CT's. Im not for sure about which method I am going to go with when I spawn my fancy marble HMPK pair. hummss.. What do you think?

#24 ·
It depends. If they're agressive then traditional method would work best but if they're passive any method would do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.