Betta Fish Forum banner

New Betta Fish ! Red-brown colour ?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  a123andpoof 
#1 ·
I got my new Betta fish, Theodore (the one in my picture), yesterday. Aside from the light blue and white, he had some reddish-brown colouring on his head and a spot on his dorsal fin. When I put him in the tank, they got brighter. Is this anything to be worried about? I'm not really sure if they're his natural colours since it deviates so much from his light blue colouring.

Here are some pictures of him:

Leaf Organism Botany Plant Aquarium

Aquarium Fish Fish Tail Organism

(Sorry the colours don't show very well ! Camera isn't that great. :[ )

See less See more
#2 ·
looks like normal marbling to me! and he is beautiful... where did you get him from?

#3 ·
Ohhh, how gorgeous he is! You're very lucky to own such a handsome boy!

I've heard stories about marbles changing colors all the time. I'd guess those are his natural colors and that's normal. I wouldn't worry, he looks very healthy! :)

#4 ·
It doesn't look like anything besides his coloring.....which is absolutely stunning by the way, what a fantastic find!! I'm totally jealous, hes such a handsome little marble. xD

Its not at all uncommon to see a bettas colors brighten and perk up a little once you get them out of one of those terrible little cold, dirty cups and into a nice, clean, warm environment. ;) No need to worry.
Also, don't be alarmed if the red and/or blue starts to spread....your boy is of the marble variety, so over time hes going to change colors. :)

#5 ·
I got him from Petsmart, right after their shipment came in. :]
And thank you ! That's a relief to hear they're his natural colours !

#8 ·
Nothing comon about this lil jewel

Yes he's a marbel , yes he has halfmoon tail, also looks like long fin dragon, I don't believe they were expecting to get so lucky when they breed his parents. I have seen Bettas simular to him being sold for up to 50/60 dollars. at 7 monthsof age. he's a looker. I would'nt put him near any other fish, would love to see him breed with halfmoon platium female. to see what the result would be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.