Betta Fish Forum banner

Birthday Betta Girl <3 Colour?

971 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
Long story short, today was my birthday, I was all bummed out cause all I did was drive around and do errands. ALL DAY. So we went home and I was all mopey, and then my dad felt bad, so he offered to buy me a fishie :D

He was upset that I got a girl, since they're "ugly" but anything that isn't red or blue is so rare here I couldn't turn her down :3

The blue water made me think she was yellow, but now I don't really know. Also she has black on her. Will she marble? And do you guys think she might turn more yellow aswell?

For names I was thinking Honey, but that's boring, if she marbles and is yellow I might name her Bee. Like Bumblebee :3 She's being really cute. She's super skittish, but that's normal for girls? She was so fascinated by her gravel.. makes sense since she's never seen any xD

Other name ideas?

Photos:

This is temporary. Not enough gravel, I underestimated how much I had left. Also I'm gonna try and return the plant tomorrow because I underestimated the size of the pot and there's no way I'm gonna put that much gravel in. xD So she'll get some floating plant.

See less See more
#2 ·
Awww she's so cute!!!! Happy Birthday =D Looks like a yellow marble to me, I bet she'll color up beautifully =) My female was really skittish at first, but within a week she became the most out-going of all my fish, I wouldn't be surprised if your girl did the same thing X)

#3 ·
Yes I'm hoping she'll become a yellow marble. She's my desk fish so hopefully she'll warm up to me. <3
Her dorsal fin has a bit of cellophane too :D
Our petsmart has was nicer females than males, I was surprised when I saw a yellowish one. She may be the start of a sorority <3

#4 ·
Yes she is a Marble and yes she is a yellow VT marble. Though she will not marble anymore. The most that (should) happen is that she might get a deeper yellow color.

I could be wrong that she wont marble, but it is highly unlikely and I strongly doubt it. She has nice finnage for a Vt and the color does look nice. I like light bettas.:)

Yes it is normal for females to be more active and to dart around, but if she is RUBBING agaisnt the gravel then you should worry and look for signs of ick.

I DO see a VERY light hint of blue in the beginning of the caudal where the rays are starting in the 1st and 2nd picture. That blue color might just come in more. I have never seen "blue wash" before. That is what she has though. She has blue on the dorsal, beginning of the caudal, and the anal fin ha a light amount blue, but you can still see it.

#5 ·
Oh how exciting! As long as she turns more yellow, it's all good :)
I was surprised to find one as nice and healthy as her! My other option was a red and silver VT male, but he had huge holes in his fins, and just didn't make go go "aw".

She wasn't rubbing the gravel, she actually was just staring at it all transfixed, like "what is this."
She blends into the gravel a lot, I might pick up some black gravel instead to show her colour more.

#6 ·
She is a cutie! I bet she will come around in a few days. My newest girl was a little skittish, but in less than a week she became a mamas girl haha I have had her less than a week and she let me touch her! (I know that is not good for her and only tried it that one time)

#7 ·
she is adorable, but she isn't a marble :p she is a pineapple :-D yes there is a such thing, pineapple's and yellow with black tipped scales :) the black area's COULD be marble i could be wrong all i know she looks pineapple

i like the name honey, or sunset i know your not asking for names :p

#11 ·
She IS a marble. Pineapple is a breeders strain name. Pineapples are in fact Marbles. Just like the name "Mustard Gas" Their REAL name would be Multicolor. Black blue and yellow Multicolor if you want to be exact.

So Yes she would be a multicolor and IMO doesn't have enough dark "spot" looking pigments on her body to call her a Pineapple. Also they would be darker than that.

#8 ·
Ah! Her whole body has little celophane sheen too it aswell, in the light.
I've decided to name her Maja (my-yah), after a Polish cartoon about a little bee that decided she'd rather go off and have adventures instead of work in a beehive <3

#13 ·
I don't think she will marble. I've had tons of Cambodian females with the black spots on their body and they never marbled on me. Their marble gene stayed put.

#17 ·
I already named her Maja-
Here is an update on her! I changed her tank to have a wisteria, and it is producing SO MUCH DEBRIS. tomorrow is my 50% change day so I'll get out as much as I can- I spent like 5 minutes rinsing it in the sink and I put it in and stuff is still falling out o-o is that normal? It's a lot thinner than my java fern or anubias, so I guess it makes sense that it's fragile. Anyway here are new photos:

Her home:

I like this photo cause it shows off that she's actually got cellophane all over her body. She's already brightened up quite a bit. A yellow cellophane, who woulda thought.:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.