Betta Fish Forum banner

Bubble nest question..

422 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sadist 
#1 ·
Iceman has proven before that he can build quite a bubble nest, no problem.
But it's never stuck, he either freaked out and destroyed it, or it would just pop over time.
Now, I've tried everything I could think of, except IAL. He's had Styrofoam cups, but he never had interest in them. Now I have a cup floating in the breeding tank, he's taken interest and has attempted to blow his nest under/around it... But they seem like they keep popping. Poor guy spends most of his time trying to get a decent nest going with no avail.

Is there anything I could do? Or is his destiny to never spawn? :-(

Condensation has built up in the breeding tank, he's been/being conditioned with his female for going on 3 weeks now. They're both VERY interested in each other, just no nest.. His water is also 82F.. Also! The area where his cup is at is darker than the rest of the tank.

Thank you for all for your patience and advice! :lol:

#2 ·
Cover the tank with plastic wrap, leave an IAL in there, and let him be. You may wish to also simmer (DO NOT BOIL) a crumbled IAL, strain it, let that cool, and add that to the water. This will make the bubbles more sticky and encourage the breeding process. You don't need all that much of the "tea" to have good effect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.