Betta Fish Forum banner

New Tank Setup (downgrading from large tank)

490 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Tikibirds 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Looking at selling my large tank (approx 220lt/60g) and all equipment and downgrading to a small tank to house 1 Betta (and maybe 1 friend or two).

I've been looking at these two tanks in particular. Do they seem any good?

http://aquariumfishparadise.com.au/Aquariums.php

The AquaOne 510 and 620 (not the 620T).

I am assuming if I got one of these, I wouldn't need any of my old equipment (cartridge filter, air pumps, etc) and would just buy a new heater to suit the size of the tank.

Any ideas?

Also where do I start once I have a new tank? I can't remember anything. Do I let it sit for a few days (with the new water in it)? What do I add to it?

Currently I just add Water Conditioner and chlorine neutrilise (water ager). Ive also got some leftover stuff that helps the biological filter establish itself, do I use this too?

Help! I feel like a newbie!

See less See more
#2 ·
I would think, if you plan on using the wet/dry filter it comes with, I would guess 1st step would be cycling the tank. None of my tanks had filters so all I do is add in clean water, add conditioner and add fish. Although some people say let the water sit for 24 hours but I dont remember why. I think it has to do with the gas bubbles when water is first added.

Yeah, I wasnt much help. sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.