Betta Fish Forum banner

Quick cure

759 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mstenorsaxplayer 
#1 ·
I have a blue veil tale. his name is Lil Sano. When I got him, he had ick, fungus, velvet, fin rot, and was under feed and super deppressed. He is doing much better. The only things that are still bothering him are the fin rot and the velvet. I have tried aquarium salt in his tank until I found out that when used too often, it can cause kidney and liver failure. So I quit putting it in his tank, and just gave him a couple salt baths a day for about 5 days. The fins look much better, but are not completely healed. I heard that using quick cure by aquarium products not only makes the ick go away, but also can help the fin rot. What do ya'll think?

#2 ·
Do you have a heater? Turning up the temperature is a simple but effective way to speed up the parasite's life cycle.

Also with these salt baths you gave the betta.

• What ratio salt to water did you use?
  • Did you just dip your betta in the salt or did you leave him in the salted water solution?

#4 ·
Okay, where can I find a copper based medicine?
I did about a half a teaspoon in a half gallon tank. I took him out of his regular bowl to put him in the smaller just for his baths. Yes, i do have a heater. I keep it at about 78f.

#6 ·
I'm not sure. He was all grey and stuff when I got him, but he had a copper color on his back from his head to about half way down his body. He was kept in extremely cold water (55f) so I thought that he had it. He still has the copper color, but it is nowhere near as bad. His head is brown too and I heard that that could be the velvet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.