Betta Fish Forum banner

Mystery Snails

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  1fish2fish 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if I could put a male betta with two mystery snails? I was hoping to get blue and ivory colors of the snails. If that isn't okay what fish would you recommend for a 5gallon tank? Or should I try to find a 10 gallon? :p

#4 ·
In a 5 gallon I would only do one mystery snail.. they have bioloads almost as much as a fish.. and produce a lot of waste.. two m.s. and a betta would be a little crowded when the snails get big (they get up to 2" in diameter).. but as long as you keep up with water changes you might be able to fit two m.s. and a betta.. I just wouldn't do it.

make sure your tank is cycled or is being cycled.. mystery snails and other invertebrates are very sensitive to water conditions.. they also must have a filter for aeration. Also.. make sure you pick up some algae wafers or sinking pellets to feed them unless you have lots of algae in your tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.