Betta Fish Forum banner

Most horrible betta 'tanks'

25K views 152 replies 68 participants last post by  Shiverdam 
#1 · (Edited)
I mean, seriously? Some of these things make me sick -_-
http://www.etsy.com/listing/8748500...=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
^^ SERIOUSLY?! How do you even get a net in that thing?!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/4035677...e=2&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
!!!!
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Drif...tbnw=98&start=71&ndsp=38&ved=1t:429,r:17,s:71
Gaah! no words for this one -_-

So basically, this is somewhat a rant thread. Seen a bad tank that makes you sick? post it!
/rant ended/

See less See more
#10 ·
wow, and I get ticked off about these things.

At least he can turn around in that.

There was a local shop here that sold bettas in any little jar that he could find. Some of them were so confined that they couldn't turn around. I felt so bad for them. I refused to buy anything from the jerk.

#12 ·
I really wish companies like Petco and Petsmart would make a stand against this sort of thing instead of promoting it. I understand the little mom and pop shops have to sell whatever they can to survive, but companies that big could really help turn around the way these poor little fish are treated.

these remind me of the Foxconn employees dorms in China.

#13 ·
No of fence to anyone who posted but.... What good are you doing buy posting pictures like this? All you are doing is complaining and posting pics that obviously are making other members upset. Instead of bashing on these Betta homes, why dont you do something about it, because all you are doing right now is just making other members upset.why don't you contact the person who's selling it. No offence but I honestly get annoyed buy these threads

#14 ·
No one is obligated to look at this thread, it's to spread awareness that people do this and it's wrong. If someone who had one of these saw this and saw how ticked people are about it, they may change it to something more acceptable.

#15 ·
I have voiced my opinion when at shops that sell this junk. I have also stopped thier customers and given them proper info on betta fish.

Threads like this should not make anyone upset. if anything they help point out the type of containers that members should NOT be using. So yes, they can be helpful. The only way anyone would get upset is if they themselves where keeping a betta in one of these tiny prison cells.

#17 ·
Well, everybody has there own opinions, and I still don't like threads like these IMO

#22 ·
I honestly didn't see any drama in this thread (or people have issues with it) until the above post about "these kind of threads". Now there's drama.

I am 100% agreeing with if you don't like it, don't open. And surely don't comment. This did nothing but cause issues IMO.

#24 ·
Kay, sorry that I posted that but I was just mad over something else, and like my normal self I just had to take out my anger on something. Once again I'm sorry that I made those immature posts

#26 ·
Woooohooo..... Sorry that I made those stupid posts, I can't even believe I did that,

#27 ·
The worst "Betta tank has to be those fish I pod things! I hate them!

#29 ·

Those are pretty bad, but I'm telling you, this jerk had a fish store in our area and he would sell bettas with these tiny vases that were so small that the fish’s nose would touch one side and his tail would be touching the other. They would be about 5 inches deep. I felt like buying all of his bettas but I knew that he would just buy more. Plus he wanted like $20 for the fish with the vase. Guy was.... well, I can't say what I really want to say on here. Thankfully, he has finally gone out of business.

#30 ·
I feel ashamed but I had my fish in one of these when I first bought him. After a little research I quickly bought a 5 gallon and now I'm waiting on my 10 gallon to completely cycle and I'll be switching him over to the 10 gallon. It's crazy because that bowl is the size of a log ornament in his tank.

#31 ·
Yeah, that sounds Worse than the LPS by me. they sell bettas in this thing that was probably 2 inches wide and 2 inches tall, the clerk sold themin these things and said that they were perfect for a betta

#33 ·
Wow.... My dad sais he knows people who keep their bettas in coffe cups and the tiny ones

#34 · (Edited)
I was tempted to start one of these threads myself...

http://www.wag.com/fish/subcat=Aquariums-10218?cm_sp=rchp-_-cat-_-1-NV3N

a site that almost exclusively sells "betta" tanks. worst offenses include a .6 gal that's impossibly thin, one filled with jagged glass gravel, and a clock. also, all of these recommend feeding only a few times a week. And I think the site filtered out a negative review I posted.

edit: seems I forgot to mention the triple betta keeper...with clear dividers. Looks to be about a gallon..maybe 1.5.

#44 ·
I was tempted to start one of these threads myself...

Aquariums for Fish - Buy at Wag.com

a site that almost exclusively sells "betta" tanks. worst offenses include a .6 gal that's impossibly thin, one filled with jagged glass gravel, and a clock. also, all of these recommend feeding only a few times a week. And I think the site filtered out a negative review I posted.

edit: seems I forgot to mention the triple betta keeper...with clear dividers. Looks to be about a gallon..maybe 1.5.
I actually saw some decent 5-gal tanks in that link. I think the best thing to do would be give great reviews about the 5 gal tanks and how they are perfect for bettas. I actually saw the tank that I had my first betta in there. The 5 gal hex. If you give positive reviews maybe that will encourage people to buy them for bettas.

#35 ·
These are horrible for the poor fish. I was even telling my daughter earlier that I feel bad about our community tank (29 gallon) being too small for whats in there! Any fish or animal in nature would not stay in these tiny places! Here's a couple bad ones I found if you don't mind me adding! At least the full hanging bowl is better then the wall one.:roll: I personally prefer 5- 10 gallons.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.