Betta Fish Forum banner

Just got my new tank setup!

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  BettaSquirt 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, my girlfriend motivated me to get another Betta finally.

She's on here as dr2b.

Anyway I just went ahead and put my little guy, Neptune, into his large tank... Its going to be a community tank. Its a 29gal.

Here is the tank he was in:

And here is the tank that he is now... with some wonderfully brown colored water thanks to the Malaysia wood... Hopefully that clears soon.

I think he is quite scared in his large tank so I may run out to walmart and get him something to hide in.

Here's what he is in right now:

Im trying to find a way to run the filter without it upsetting him, it makes quite a ruckus.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice tank, for future reference, if you boil the malaysian driftwood for a good 15-20 minutes it will clear out all the brown stuff. Unfortunatly I dont think it will clear out of your tank for a while, maybe a good week or two,maybe faster with frequent water changes. The good thing is though the brownis just tannic acid andis harmless to fish. Some people actually add tanic acid too their betta tanks because it is more natural and is supposed to help them heal. It might not look very good but it wont hurt and might actually help.

#3 ·
The wood piece is so large that Id need a 10 gallon pot to boil it lol.

Anyway I put Neptune back into his 1.5gallon. He can stay there for the weekend.

I have some more decore to put into the tank, and I need to cut the wood down to side fo actually fit the tank.

Ive already done one 25% water change on the tank.

I expect Ill put him back in there mid next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.