Betta Fish Forum banner

Cambodian Halfmoons #2

883 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  beat2020 
#1 ·
Well my first spawning attempt failed with this pair but I'm going to try again. I'm using the same set-up except this time I'm either using dried banana leaves or BWE. I'm also covering the top of the tank with plastic wrap. I started conditioning the pair today inside the spawning tank(female in jar) and things seem a little different this time. For one thing my female is flaring at the male while he flares back. They will be conditioned for 1 week or until I see a bubblenest or obvious signs from the female to release her.
I'm hoping for things to go different this time around and I hope I get a spawn :).

#4 ·
It is better to condition the breeders in separate containers so that they can't see each other or with either of them in the spawning tank itself in my experience you will get faster and better spawning.

You don't want either to establish territory in the spawning tank especially if they are problem spawners or if either are overly aggressive.

I like to condition for 4-5 days with nothing but live foods and then drop both in the spawning tank at the same time giving them a bit of a temp shock (going from about 76F to 80F)-I usually will have spawning within 2-3 minutes to a couple of hours 9 out of 10 times..live foods is the key and clean water for conditioning...especially with first time breeders and hard breeders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.