Betta Fish Forum banner

My new elephant ear betta :)

4K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
Here are some pics of my new betta fish...I haven't named him yet, so feel free to give me some suggestions?! :)

And one of my VT Godric

See less See more
#3 ·
Where did you get them!?

#4 ·
sorry, there's only room for one red VT named Godric:

#7 ·
Omgoodness!

If they ever create a dumbo ear fire red I am in trouble!

Squeeeee so kewt!

Congrats!

#13 ·
Aww what a cutie! My boyfriend loves Dumbo's!!!

#17 ·
He's so pretty! <3 And those cute big fins...love it. Dumbos are adorable, and if my LFS has one any time soon it's definitely going to be mine. <3

#19 ·
They're the new fad -- I think it will be like hmpks, in the next couple of years we will see more and more of them.

#20 ·
I wish I had a LFS :[ All the good ones from petsmart are taken right away :/

#22 ·
I plan on my next Betta being an elephant ear. Would a five gallon work. I doubt they will catch on they cost 30 dollars here and people stop buying at ten my petco sells even less Kings than before.

#23 ·
we're only one state away and Hanny only cost us twenty bucks. i say "only", but EE's are the most expensive freshwater fish they were selling, haha. make sure you have a strong block on your filter, just in case he gets his "ears" stuck in the suction. we used a 1"x1"x1" section of aquarium sponge stuck up in the intake tube, and it slowed the filter from a heavy rush to a slow but steady trickle. if yours is one that's powered by an airline pump, get a gang valve for the tubing, and adjust the flow till it's just dribbling out.

#25 ·
P.S. the just started selling them here King bettas cost 15 elaphants cost either 20 or thirty but I feel if you find the right beta it is worth is because they can live quite a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.