Betta Fish Forum banner

Introducing....

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  FuulieQ 
#1 ·
Robert Falcon Scott, the explorer betta! :) I've had him a while, just haven't been able to charge my camera. I've finally given up and taken pics with my laptop's camera. :p

He's a cute little HM Plakat, I got him at Petco. Shown here in his natural habitat - a 5.5 gallon planted tank. Not pictured: Lawrence Oates and William Lashly, fellow exploration team members, Otocinclus. Also not pictured, Edgar Evans, who is currently being dead. :c Poor dear came to me on his last fins.

#3 ·
I know, right?! That's why I picked him up, his lipstick is just adorable!

#5 ·
Yes, I agree with Lordsameth, your tank is awesome. And that is one stunning little betta! I will personally thank you for saving a betta I don't even know from Petco. :p Plakats are the only types of bettas I have never had. I don't breed, mine are just for fun. He is so pretty!

#6 ·
Thanks! It's been great having a planted tank, it stays so clean, and real plants definitely look better than fake. Only issue is, snails galore. :< And the new crypt plant I just got is doing its typical melting thing right now so the whole tank looks 'off'.

Actually, the Petco where I got him takes the best care of their fish out of any other store in my area! That's why I got him there. Ugh, though, I almost got his spawn brother when I went back last week. There were only three bettas left (they had a special) and he was looking really rough. Staying in a cup that long is really hard on them even with decent care and frozen bloodworms as food.

#7 ·
I know, those cups are terrible! I keep mine just so I can surprise my friends with before/after shots. "He used to live in this, now he lives in this!" I feel terrible every time I go in Petco, knowing I have reached my limit. I am forbidden to rescue anymore. But 3 rescues seems pretty productive. :D I can't get over how pretty that 1 is! I love the colors and his lips. He has a little salamander coloring going on, it's adorable. :D

#8 ·
Oh, these photos don't even BEGIN to do him justice! I can't wait to get my camera working so I can take some nice ones during the day in natural light so that his iridescence is more visible!!

Three rescues is GREAT. I wish I could help that many! If everything goes well, I'll be able to get a second betta from the same place soon to go in a ten gallon that I'm going to plant. Two tanks at a time is my limit right now, though, so that betta will be my last for a while.

The BF HM in your avatar is gorgeous, by the way.

#9 ·
Oh my goodness, thanks! My avatar is my Butterfly, a rescue from Petco. Oh geez, you should have seen him when I got him. He looked deppressed, his water was gross... I have had him 2 weeks today, and that is what he looks like now! And thanks, I try really hard to resist buying more, but I know that 3 is great. :D And wow, that sounds great! Good luck with getting a new betta. Can't wait to see the new pics! :D

#10 ·
Wow! Yeah, I wish I'd gotten pictures of him before I moved him into his tank. He got much brighter after he adjusted. It's amazing how they color up, huh?

It's pretty hard to keep myself from filling every tank in the house. :p I know what you mean.

I'm excited, too. :) I can't wait to get the ten gallon set up and running.

#11 ·
I have 1 other tiny tank, it's only half a gallon, but I might be rescuing a betta again soon and it is a great starter tank... And my bettas color up so well! My crowntail has very thin fins right now so they're not lookin so great, but my veiltail was a deep blue/purple when I got him. Now he is mostly purple and I am seeing little strips of pink on his tail and on the bottom of his lower fin. Hehe. And you saw what Butterfly looks like, that is self explanatory! Hehe. Well, your betta is adorable. Do you reccomend Plakats?

#13 ·
Well, this is my first plakat, but he's just SO adorable, there's no possible way I couldn't recommend them! He's a flaming ball of energy, and he loves to beg!

Thanks, Jayy! Well it's kind of a long story... I was trying to think of things with white lips, so I thought of a dead body, which made me think of a failed exploration to the south pole led by a nice chap named Robert Falcon Scott. Thus, the name. c:

I call him Bobbert for short. :p

#14 ·
If you wake up to find him missing tomorrow, no worries...he's at my place. ;)

Seriously though, he is stunning! I am crazy jealous! And your tank looks great too.

#15 ·
Hehe, I would love to get a Plakat. But 3 is the limit for me. :pUnless... does anybody want to give away and ship a plakat to me for freeeeee? LOL.

#16 ·
Jupiter - beware of vicious dog on the premises... >_>

Bettaluvr - Haha, sorry! No free ones from me! I've only got just the one and he's not going anywhere!! ;P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.