Betta Fish Forum banner

Filter for a 7gal

429 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nowzem 
#1 ·
As fate were to slap me across the face for having too many giving friends, my 2nd filter decided to die after 4hours of being on in the start of trying to cycle my 7gal. tank. Since I'm strictly on budget, I was curious if anyone has used this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Whisper-Internal-For-2-10-Gallon-Acquariums-Power-Filter-1-ct/10291764 filter and if I could get any positive and/or negative feedback on it? Or if anyone would be willing to recommend a decent filter that would work on my 7gal? Thanks in advance!!

#2 ·
Ok I had a complete moron attack.. and my filter is fine. If anyone has ever lived in an apartment where the light switch controls the bottom half of each outlet in the room.. that's how mine is set up and apparently I forgot that I had plugged my light in the upper on a different wall when I set up this tank so when I went to shut off the light it didn't turn off and I didn't notice.. but of course it shut off the filter and I was left panicking. Glad I figured it out before I bought a new filter. I'd still like reviews on the filter I linked to, since I plan on getting a couple 3-5gal tanks sometime in the future.

#3 ·
If anyone has ever lived in an apartment where the light switch controls the bottom half of each outlet in the room.. that's how mine is set up and apparently I forgot that I had plugged my light in the upper on a different wall when I set up this tank so when I went to shut off the light it didn't turn off and I didn't notice.. but of course it shut off the filter and I was left panicking.
:-? Been there, done that but not with my filter, luckily. I have a whisper 10i (in my 10g tank) which I love although it does have a pretty decent current to it so you may want to baffle it.

#4 ·
I really love my whisper internal filters! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.